Sign in with
Your question

Materials for custom pc case

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
January 12, 2013 4:33:24 PM

right im looking to build a pc case and wondering what would be besr to use .im looking to build one in the shape of a house so i need materials that would be able to get into the shapes i need .people have recomended alliminum but i cant seem to find anywhere in my area (aberdeen uk) where i can get any so if anyone knows anywhere let me know. so im looking for other matterials that would be perfect to use and that wont get 2 hot n all that

More about : materials custom case

January 12, 2013 5:23:18 PM

I think houses in your area are usually made of stone. Do you have any quarry's around there to get some? I think a computer case made of stone would be awesome! (just kidding). Aluminum is available here in the states at home improvement stores like Lowes and Home Depot. Do you have anything like that over there? You might ask at an auto body-shop. Plastic sheet is another alternative. I'd google for shops in your area that carry those types of materials.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 12, 2013 5:39:09 PM

talk to a local sheet metal shop.
Related resources
January 12, 2013 5:59:51 PM

Or a "machine shop"....
a b B Homebuilt system
January 12, 2013 9:57:06 PM

machine shop would be help, if he were machining a case out of a block of aluminum. but that would be quite expensive.
January 13, 2013 11:37:52 AM

Haha, true but they often have sheets laying around to to build shrouds for "machined blocks".
!