GTX 650 Ti Huge Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

empty213

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
I just bought a GTX 650 Ti, been using it for a week or so, at first while I was playing Heroes of Newerth the game would crash to a green or black screen and freezes but there is a sound kinda constant tingling sound. This happens randomly. Next it happened again once while I was playing Assassin's Creed 3. Now I downloaded Dota 2 and first time playing Dota 2, the game crashed and froze to a green screen.

I tried using 1600Mhz speed in my RAM corsair vengeance, thinking stock 1333Mhz was too low or something, but it happened again and now nvidia driver 306.97 stopped working causing vertical vibrating lines appearing in my screen and no input can be made somewhat frozen but it recovered after some seconds.

RAM: corsair vengeance cmz8gx3m2a1600c9
CPU: AMD FX-6100
MOBO: MSI 990fxa-gd80 v2
GPU: Palit GTX 650 Ti non oc
PSU: Aerocool Strike X 600w 80+ True Rated
SSD: Sandisk 120gb Extreme

Now I went and viewed the event log of Microsoft Windows,

I found these,
This is by order of appearance of logs

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.
Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\RAIHV.dll

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data

Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Any ideas... Somewhat disappointed with my 650 Ti... I researched and found other problems with 650 Ti :(

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Don't despair, and don't panic about "other problems" that you read online - you can find problems with ANY product, budget or elite, sh*t happens. To get the basics out of the way, can you tell me if this card went into a freshly installed (Windows) system? Is anything overclocked? When you run benchmarks, does anything happen? What are the temps on your GPU in idle and load? Do you have access to any other graphics card/onboard video that you could test your system with to verify that it's not something else on your system. Let's get these out of the way before we proceed.

empty213

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Never been OC'ed, I ran did burn in test using furmark for 15 mins nothing bad happens, no cracks watsoever with 2xanti-aliasing option turned on.. Highest temps during furmark was 68 C idle temps are 36-37C.. When I first installed the card I forgot to plug in the 6 pin connector so it didn't display at first boot, but I found my mistake and plugged in the 6 pin connect and then everything was fine.. I did cinebench and everything went ok, just before the gpu test begins the video turns green lines or something showing the skeleton of the car and all..

I have an old 9500 GT in my core 2 duo system...

Status
Not open for further replies.