C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE

My pc runs XP pro and any time i start the pc it shows an error
message
<Error loading cmicnfg.cpl>

I do not get any sound now and when i checked the devices I saw an
exclamation mark at both the PCI and Video controllers and at the
C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE.

regards

chinaman

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Device-Driver-MEDIA-AC97-AUDIO-ftopict545077.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1721006
3 answers Last reply
More about media ac97 audio device

    What message does Hardware show on Properties for the AC97 audio device?
    Do you have a sound card in the system, or only the onboard AC97?
    Have you updated your drivers (check WinUpdate, as there is a new one)

    Atoznl

    "chinamann2005" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> schreef in bericht
    > My pc runs XP pro and any time i start the pc it shows an error
    > message
    > <Error loading cmicnfg.cpl>
    >
    > I do not get any sound now and when i checked the devices I saw an
    > exclamation mark at both the PCI and Video controllers and at the
    > C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > chinaman

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Device-Driver-MEDIA-AC97-AUDIO-ftopict545077.html
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    "chinamann2005" wrote:
    > My pc runs XP pro and any time i start the pc it shows an
    > error message
    > <Error loading cmicnfg.cpl>
    >
    > I do not get any sound now and when i checked the devices I
    > saw an exclamation mark at both the PCI and Video controllers
    > and at the C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > chinaman

    had same problem i restored to an earlier date it worked then it
    quit again so I went to windows update nothing. so then went to
    zdnet.com then downloads and downloaded a device driver it was
    fixed then updates started working and i updated the device driver
    then it quit working so i restored to earlier hour same day and went
    back to zdnet and reinstalled the driver and chose not to update the
    driver so far it is still working i think a game my husband
    installed messed it up full spectrum warrior did you get your
    computer fixed?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    I ran into basicly the same problem. "Windows Automatic Updates" downloaded
    the update but did not compleatly install it. I lost all sounds. after going
    to device manager I saw the yellow mark on "C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE"
    This device was never on my system before so I uninstalled from device
    manager and rebooted. As you've probly guessed, it re-installed itself along
    with the yellow mark.
    My solution was to un-install it and then run the install disk for my
    mother board ( MSI) as luck would have it, IT WORKED!! I searched for any
    reference to C media and deleated it and emtied the trash bin. since then..
    no problem!

    "s08" wrote:

    > "chinamann2005" wrote:
    > > My pc runs XP pro and any time i start the pc it shows an
    > > error message
    > > <Error loading cmicnfg.cpl>
    > >
    > > I do not get any sound now and when i checked the devices I
    > > saw an exclamation mark at both the PCI and Video controllers
    > > and at the C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE.
    > >
    > > regards
    > >
    > > chinaman
    >
    > had same problem i restored to an earlier date it worked then it
    > quit again so I went to windows update nothing. so then went to
    > zdnet.com then downloads and downloaded a device driver it was
    > fixed then updates started working and i updated the device driver
    > then it quit working so i restored to earlier hour same day and went
    > back to zdnet and reinstalled the driver and chose not to update the
    > driver so far it is still working i think a game my husband
    > installed messed it up full spectrum warrior did you get your
    > computer fixed?

Drivers Audio Device Driver Devices Windows XP