C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE

My pc runs XP pro and any time i start the pc it shows an error
message
<Error loading cmicnfg.cpl>

I do not get any sound now and when i checked the devices I saw an
exclamation mark at both the PCI and Video controllers and at the
C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE.

regards

chinaman

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Device-Driver-MEDIA-AC97-AUDIO-ftopict545077.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1721006

What message does Hardware show on Properties for the AC97 audio device?
Do you have a sound card in the system, or only the onboard AC97?
Have you updated your drivers (check WinUpdate, as there is a new one)

Atoznl

"chinamann2005" wrote:
> My pc runs XP pro and any time i start the pc it shows an
> error message
> <Error loading cmicnfg.cpl>
>
> I do not get any sound now and when i checked the devices I
> saw an exclamation mark at both the PCI and Video controllers
> and at the C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE.
>
> regards
>
> chinaman

had same problem i restored to an earlier date it worked then it
quit again so I went to windows update nothing. so then went to
zdnet.com then downloads and downloaded a device driver it was
fixed then updates started working and i updated the device driver
then it quit working so i restored to earlier hour same day and went
back to zdnet and reinstalled the driver and chose not to update the
driver so far it is still working i think a game my husband
installed messed it up full spectrum warrior did you get your
computer fixed?

I ran into basicly the same problem. "Windows Automatic Updates" downloaded
the update but did not compleatly install it. I lost all sounds. after going
to device manager I saw the yellow mark on "C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE"
This device was never on my system before so I uninstalled from device
manager and rebooted. As you've probly guessed, it re-installed itself along
with the yellow mark.
My solution was to un-install it and then run the install disk for my
mother board ( MSI) as luck would have it, IT WORKED!! I searched for any
reference to C media and deleated it and emtied the trash bin. since then..
no problem!

"s08" wrote:

> "chinamann2005" wrote:
> > My pc runs XP pro and any time i start the pc it shows an
> > error message
> > <Error loading cmicnfg.cpl>
> >
> > I do not get any sound now and when i checked the devices I
> > saw an exclamation mark at both the PCI and Video controllers
> > and at the C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > chinaman
>
> had same problem i restored to an earlier date it worked then it
> quit again so I went to windows update nothing. so then went to
> zdnet.com then downloads and downloaded a device driver it was
> fixed then updates started working and i updated the device driver
> then it quit working so i restored to earlier hour same day and went
> back to zdnet and reinstalled the driver and chose not to update the
> driver so far it is still working i think a game my husband
> installed messed it up full spectrum warrior did you get your
> computer fixed?

TRENDING THREADS