Can I upgrade my Graphics card for Packard Bell A3622

joyspatch

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hello,I am hopeing to be ble to upgrade my graphics card so that I can continue to play World of Warcraft. Since the latest patch my gaming performance has dropped significantly.
My specs are:
Packard Bell iMedia S1300/A3622
Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) 11x4 605e Processor 2.30Mhz
RAM: 3.00 GB (max is 4GB)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 6150SE integrate3d nforce 430.
Looking at another thread on here it says that the HD6670 would be ok, but I am not sure it will fit into the current case; and my PSU is only 250W. So I just need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card and if I can can someone please suggest a card; and a PSU to fit also.
The dimension of the current PSU are 13cmW x 7cmH x 14cmD. Thanks

joyspatch

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

Hi, the case is a small case not like the tall tower one. My budget is up to £80 for a card. The case appears to have 2 empty low profile slots on the side and I do believe it has a PCIe slot, but not sure at the moment as the computer is at my sisters house so cant get at it.

It is a ACPI x 64 based PC if this helps.

I have located a PSU which I think will be ok for this case http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002Q8HFB6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE.

I think a small graphic card for the space is needed as the case is so small.

If I can get something to tide me over for a year or 2 that will be just fine.
Thanks

joyspatch

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

Hi, thanks for the recommendation for graphics card 7750. Just one thing, at the moment I only have 3GB RAM installed, so is this enough for this card orshould I upgrade to 4GB? Will any make of HD770 be OK, as my monitor has VGA and displayport connectors?

As far as I remember the PSU slots into a kind of casing, so any replacement would need to be the same size as the one in there now, or a bit smaller I suppose would be ok; the dimensions of the current PSU are are 13cmW x 7cmH x 14cmD. I was looking at Micro PSU's but do not really know a good one from a not so good one.

Anyways, thanks kindly for your continued help.

joyspatch

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
just to say I am going to get the HD 7750 low profile and I now know I dont need to upgrade my PSU or my memory for this card.

jimbopops

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

that sounds good but let me know if you run into any problems and I will be glad to help you out :).