Performance problem with my new PC build.

Zaphroz

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I recently built a new PC but for some reason its integrated GPU isn't performing as it should,
I'm not expecting it to do wonders but when I compare the benchmark scores to ones I found done
by reviewers testing the a10-5800K IGP's solo performance without a dedicated GPU mine scores
about half as low as all the benchmark scores I could find to compare it with. 3dmark 11 scored
a measly 937 overall score (after overclocking the CPU, GPU and RAM, at default it was around 700)
when the tests I found all scored around 1500 with a similar setup.

Something is clearly wrong but after updating the graphics drivers, the BIOS, overclocking the CPU,
GPU and the memory I can still get nowhere close to the performance this GPU should be capable of
and I'm running out of ideas. The only thing I can think of in my system being different from the
other systems is that my RAM is running in single channel while the test systems ran dual channel,
I just can't see that making such a big difference, any ideas on what I could try to do to fix this issue?

Here's the system I'm running:

Mobo: ASUS F2A55-M LE
CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8ghz @ 4.3Ghz
GPU: Radeon 7660D @ 1023 Mhz
RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 CL1600 @ 1866Mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 7200RPM
PSU: Antec 500W

Zaphroz

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Yeah I made the mistake of getting a single 8GB stick of RAM instead of 2x4GB, it just didn't seem like it would create that big of a bottleneck but I guess it indeed does. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.