Sign in with
Your question

Open box stress test

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 28, 2012 7:35:30 PM

hi all! i bought an open box saphire radeon 7870 oc edition card and i was looking to put it through a stress test to make sure the card worked as needed what i was wondering is if there is a good free program for benchmarking and stress testing that i can get, are furmark and 3dmark free? also is it just pointless to do for someone not reviewing? the card works so far and overclocked slightly without hesitation but i just want to be sure before my 30 day window is up. thanks for the help!

More about : open box stress test

November 28, 2012 7:39:12 PM

You can get a limited version of furmark and 3dmark for free. Unfortunately they can not push GPUs to the max without buying the full version.

But your card should have a warranty of like 3 years, so why are you worried?
m
l
November 28, 2012 7:41:06 PM

I'm pretty sure Furmark is free.
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2012 7:41:18 PM

Novuake said:
You can get a limited version of furmark and 3dmark for free. Unfortunately they can not push GPUs to the max without buying the full version.

But your card should have a warranty of like 3 years, so why are you worried?

ok i'll check those out. i'm not worried especially since it's from newegg, but i always like to be sure about things, would hate to have to replace it before i have to.
m
l
November 28, 2012 7:45:04 PM

misfitkid86 said:
ok i'll check those out. i'm not worried especially since it's from newegg, but i always like to be sure about things, would hate to have to replace it before i have to.

You really should relax. Even if Newegg bums, you can send the GPU straight back to the manufacturer, Asus or MSI or whatever and they will send you a new one.
m
l
!