Intel And AMd Build HELP!!

Johnb14

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Hello,

I am not very experienced with computer builds at all, but i still decided to build my own pc. i have been reading a lot of different guides on amd and intel and many people offer different opinions for ea brands.

What am i looking for is a gaming pc under the budget of $1200USD.

I saw alot of the builds by amd and intel in this forums and i am still unable to decide which build to choose and what brand to go after.

some of the games i play are: Guild wars 2, DRagon nest, BF!

as of now i am having very diffcult time playing these games beacuse my current pc is really old and i would to upgrade. it would be really helpfull if someone could help me!!!!

Budget: $1200
Purpose: Intensive multi tasking, video rendering, gaming (Bf, gw2, etc), able to run vdieo at 1080p.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Approximate Purchase Date: this week or the next!

Budget Range: (e.g.: 1000-1200) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Playing MMORPG games (GW2, DN, BF,) video rendering, live streaming,
Are you buying a monitor: Yes / No

Parts to Upgrade: I am building new pc so all parts need to update. (sorry, if am wrong)

Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)

Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)

Overclocking: Maybe! I just have heard bad rumors about how over clocking destroyers your processors! So I am kind of afraid of using it, but it seems like overclocking is very common for people in tomshardware.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe! If my budget allows me to do so I would love to do either of them if possible. That being said, I am not unclear about the advantage of having SLI or crossfire. All I understand is that u can have multiple graphing cards.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: if possible quiet pc, but I would gladly give this up for more performance.
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:I'm having trouble running game, videos, rendering, surfing is becoming a hell.

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts.
I have not selected any partys as of now.
none.

Please refer to the new build sticky for build advice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice

Help us, help you by filling out the form on this sticky.

Far as general advice....

For gaming the Intel Core I-5 gives you thee best bang for your buck. For roughly $200 it will out perform anything else in that market segment.

Far as video cards the HD7850 and HD7870 are good value picks. You will get good graphical horsepower for your money.

For a $1,200 budget you should be able to get a very capable system.

Here are some PC Build tips that may help you out also:
http://www.computershopper.com/feature/75-pc-building-tips

I have found them very useful over the years.

loresr97

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah but i5 3570k is better for gaming, and it's the same price

TRENDING THREADS