Sign in with
Your question

Dell 620s with ati 5450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 28, 2012 9:25:30 PM

I have a dell 620s desktop.. I bought a graphics card xfx ati radeon hd 5450... But I am not being able to install that graphics card...It easily fits on the pc-e slot.. but I am unable to fit it with the cabinet at back side.... It has one vga, one hdmi and one dvi port... so it's back side is too lagre to fit with the space provided in the cabinet... Anyone have any ideas??
please post as early as possible...
thankx in advance.. :) 

More about : dell 620s ati 5450

a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:37:34 PM

If I understand you correctly ... you have a Dell 620 Slim Case PC. You tried to install your 5450 and it fits fine in the PCIE slot, but it is taller than the back panel slots?

If this is the case, you're out of luck. Slim cases like that are meant to more of a HTPC (Home Theater PC) and usually only accommodate a Low Profile card such as these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 10:48:37 PM

If your card didnt come with the low profile bracket then you have 2 choices.
1: return the card for a low profile model
2: if the card itself will fit the case and its just the bracket causing the proble. Take out the 2 screws and remove the bracket (ie - dont use the bracket.) (this has the possibility of the card coming loose and not recommended if there's kids or pets around that might bump the pc)
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 12:53:16 AM

Spaniard United said:
If I understand you correctly ... you have a Dell 620 Slim Case PC. You tried to install your 5450 and it fits fine in the PCIE slot, but it is taller than the back panel slots?

If this is the case, you're out of luck. Slim cases like that are meant to more of a HTPC (Home Theater PC) and usually only accommodate a Low Profile card such as these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Thank you Spaniard United...
I have that low profile bracket. It comes with the box. But I don't know how to change that bracket..
m
l
November 29, 2012 12:57:13 AM

popatim said:
If your card didnt come with the low profile bracket then you have 2 choices.
1: return the card for a low profile model
2: if the card itself will fit the case and its just the bracket causing the proble. Take out the 2 screws and remove the bracket (ie - dont use the bracket.) (this has the possibility of the card coming loose and not recommended if there's kids or pets around that might bump the pc)

Thanks popatim..

I have a small bracket (low profile bracket).. It was given with the box.. but I don't know how to change the bracket..the low profile bracket supports only two display ports..
m
l
!