Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Important Factors for Recording

Last response: in Systems
January 13, 2013 2:34:35 AM

Hey~

So with the home-built system I'm working on, I plan on recording a lot things, and by things, I mostly mean video games, so I've been thinking if it would be worth pouring a little extra money into the components that are important for recording. Of course, being the noob I am, I have no idea what they are. So guys, what parts of the computer are most useful for increasing the performance while recording; and would it be worth getting better quality parts for those?

Thanks again, Richard.

(And thanks to the community for helping me with my build lately. Maybe one day I can return the favor!)
January 13, 2013 3:13:10 AM

How are you going to record? Software, capture cards? Video Editing? Uploading to youtube?

m
l
January 23, 2013 4:08:32 AM

ohyouknow said:
How are you going to record? Software, capture cards? Video Editing? Uploading to youtube?

I will be using Screen capture software, and then editing the files before uploading them to Youtube.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 106 B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 4:18:52 AM

This video is focused on FRAPS, but it shows what will be needed for good performance when recording footage through software means.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEGDgzlc7mA

But in a nutshell.
- If you are compressing on the fly, you need a strong CPU.
- When recording uncompressed high quality footage, you need a damn good storage setup, talking HDD's in RAID or SSD's.
January 23, 2013 5:08:18 AM

Best answer selected by redryk7.
m
l
!