Solved

Important Factors for Recording

Hey~

So with the home-built system I'm working on, I plan on recording a lot things, and by things, I mostly mean video games, so I've been thinking if it would be worth pouring a little extra money into the components that are important for recording. Of course, being the noob I am, I have no idea what they are. So guys, what parts of the computer are most useful for increasing the performance while recording; and would it be worth getting better quality parts for those?

Thanks again, Richard.

(And thanks to the community for helping me with my build lately. Maybe one day I can return the favor!)
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about important factors recording
  1. How are you going to record? Software, capture cards? Video Editing? Uploading to youtube?
  2. ohyouknow said:
    How are you going to record? Software, capture cards? Video Editing? Uploading to youtube?

I will be using Screen capture software, and then editing the files before uploading them to Youtube.
  3. Best answer
    This video is focused on FRAPS, but it shows what will be needed for good performance when recording footage through software means.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEGDgzlc7mA

But in a nutshell.
    - If you are compressing on the fly, you need a strong CPU.
    - When recording uncompressed high quality footage, you need a damn good storage setup, talking HDD's in RAID or SSD's.
  4. Best answer selected by redryk7.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems