Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Radeon 7750 doesn't support triple displays?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 28, 2012 9:35:06 PM

Quick summary: Radeon 7750 doesn't seem to support my three displays; what is the problem, or what other card do I get that will support my three displays?

I just built a newer budget build with:
-AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
-Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
-G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 1600 memory
-Sapphire HD Radeon 7750 1GB 128-bit

I have 3 displays, 2 are 1080p (new monitor and projector) and an older 1440x900 monitor.
I have the 1080p monitor connected through DVI adaptor to the Display Port and the projector through the HDMI port (well to my receiver then to my projector). Whenever I try to connect the older 1440x900 monitor to the DVI port, all the displays start fading in and out, changing the screen orientation randomly, and the 7750 refuses to display three displays at once.
I can't seem to do anything with Eyefinity in CCC, especially since the orientation is constantly switching and everything.

I bought this card thinking it would be able to support my 3 displays, with it having Eyefinity and a Display Port, but it doesn't seem to. So either I'm missing something completely, something is messed up, or I was misinformed.

So, I've basically come to the conclusion, thus far, to simply return this card and get a better one.
I don't have a ton of money to spend on this, as this was meant to be a somewhat-budget build, but it looks like the next best is another $100.

What would you experts recommend? I would prefer staying with AMD cards, as they've always done me well, and my two nVidia cards from way back only gave me problems. I'm not going to be doing any triple-monitor or even dual-monitor gaming, but a nice gaming experience on the projector at 1080p would be nice.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give!

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 28, 2012 10:16:45 PM

from woflram23:

"To set up Eyefinity, 2 monitors can be plugged into anything (generally). However, at least 1 monitor needs to be connected to Display Port and, yes, it must be an active adapter. If your resolution on that monitor is 1920x1200 or less, you can get the right adapter for around $30-40. It must be Active and you only need Single Link (Dual Link are typically $100+). You can get it to DVI, HDMI, VGA, whatever you want. "
November 28, 2012 10:27:58 PM

quilciri said:
from woflram23:

"To set up Eyefinity, 2 monitors can be plugged into anything (generally). However, at least 1 monitor needs to be connected to Display Port and, yes, it must be an active adapter. If your resolution on that monitor is 1920x1200 or less, you can get the right adapter for around $30-40. It must be Active and you only need Single Link (Dual Link are typically $100+). You can get it to DVI, HDMI, VGA, whatever you want. "

Alright, well I don't know if my Display Port to DVI adaptor is "active" or not, I don't really know what that means, but would that really be the problem? I'm using the Display Port to DVI adaptor right now on one monitor, and HDMI for my projector running currently, and everything looks fine. Its just when I plug in the last monitor into DVI when everything gets skewy.
It seems to detect all 3 displays when in control panel, but my projector is greyed out and says its disconnected. CCC will only detect the Display Port and DVI monitors, not the projector at all.

I'm pretty sure at this point that it has to be this "active" issue. I googled around a bit more with that information, and it seems to be the problem. Going to return my $20 adaptor and get the Sapphire active one off Newegg.
Thanks for your help.
m
l
November 28, 2012 10:51:44 PM

Best answer selected by Tezzick.
m
l
!