Clearance in an Inspiron 580 for a GTX 560ti

Incompatibility

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I was wondering if I would have enough space to put a GTX 560ti in my Dell Inspiron 580 motherboard.

Specific 560ti Model

Motherboard

I measured the dimensions inside my computer and it seems like there would be enough space, as the two (PCI?) slots on the left are currently being used. I'm worried about length, as the card is about 8.5 inches long and it looks like the RAM slots might be in the away. I'm mostly worried about the thickness, as the the smaller PCI slot on the left is taken, and I measured to be about 1.5inches of space.

I guess what I really want to know is if anyone has installed a 560ti into this motherboard, or a similiar one, successfully.

But any other answers would greatly be appreciated.

popatim

Titan
The m-ATX specs dont allow the GPU to hit the rams slots. As long as the card will fit in the case lengthwise it shouldnt hit the ram. Make sure you have room in the case to run the pcie power cables to the card. Most cards have the power connectors on the end of the card and some have them on top of the card.
Also make sure you have enough power supply to run the 580 as the stock dell isn't powerfull enough.

Incompatibility

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

but do you know if that card would be able to fit in terms of thickness?

Incompatibility

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

I have a link in my original post, but it's almost as long as my motherboard and it's pretty thick (TWSS) :lol: