Setup Compatability

Hello, about to order parts for my PC, and just making a final check to see if all these parts are compatible with each other. Thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz Socket 1155 3MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 ti 1GB GDDR5 (I already own this graphics card, is a 500W PSU enough for this GPU?)

Case and PSU: Coolermaster Elite 330 Case With Coolermaster eXtreme Power 500W PSU (Will everything fit in the case and is 500W enough (no overclock)

RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz i5 Memory (does i5 mean it only works with i5 CPU's?)

Hard drive: Hitachi 250GB Travelstar Internal Hard Drive - 7200RPM

DVD Drive: Liteon Ihas120 20x Dvd±rw (dual ±r)/ram Sata Drive

Thanks again, all help is appreciated! :D
16 answers Last reply
More about setup compatability
  1. cpu-ok
    mobo-ok
    gpu-ok(500W PSU enough for this GPU)
    case-pusu- ok 500W enough
    -ram you can make 1600 MHZ (i5 means it designed especially for i5, will work on everything.)
    HDD-ok
    DVDD-ok
  2. Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify then. Everything definitely will work? :) Also, would you say this is a good built?
  3. get this instead
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xnnE

honestly i would have gotten a better card but there isnt too much you can do now for the video card
  4. Thanks, is that build you have shown me better than the one I have listed?

Also, I was concerned about the video card, but I was given it. I was considering selling it on Ebay and using the money towards maybe the 650 ti. However I'm not sure if anyone would buy the card on Ebay and I can always upgrade later on...
  5. yes its quite a bit better

the 650ti isnt worth either. the 660 is. the 7870 is also the other option
  6. Okay, thanks a lot. I assume all these components are compatible? :D Just making sure! As for the graphics card, is it likely my current card could run WOW at Ultra and Guild Wars 2 High both at about 40fps? If not I guess I will have to try and sell it.
  7. you can try it out first before selling.

for wow, id assume starcraft 2 is similar in terms of GPU power demand. with 4x msaa and ultra settings, the 550ti can hit 40 fps on a 1920x1200p resolution
  8. That's good enough for me thanks :) I'll use your suggested build with this TV as a monitor:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/Samsung-SyncMaster-T220HD-22in-LCD-TV-Monitor_Monitor_review

One final question: If I find my FPS is low, could I change the resolution on WOW/Guild Wars 2 to 720p without getting black bars on the side? Sorry, I am very new to all this :)

Once again, thank you, your help has been amazing :D
  9. can you not get a regular computer monitor instead of a tv? TVs arent exactly optimal for gaming.

given that the panel that you have chose is 1680x1050, you should expect around 50fps rather than 40
  10. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy a monitor at the moment. Hopefully this TV will do for the moment. I seem to remember seeing something about it being designed to also be a PC monitor. It has a VGA cable at least, but I'm not sure...
  11. you shouldnt be using a vga. use the dvi port.
  12. I was planning on using HDMI, but would DVI be better?
  13. Just realized they are the same thing, except HDMI has audio signal aswell. Thankyou very much for your help again.
  14. dvi can support higher resolutions but then this isnt high resolution so you should be fine
  15. TheBigTroll said:
    dvi can support higher resolutions but then this isnt high resolution so you should be fine

Cheers. Does the motherboard need to have a HDMI slot, or just the GPU? And where do i connect it (GPU to TV or Motherboard to TV?) Sorry for all the questions.
  16. motherboard has a hdmi port form what i know. just that it would be using CPU graphics instead. will run COD but wont do too much more than that

therefore plug it into the GPU
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems