Sell gtx 590 for a 7970?

Im thinking of selling my 590 for $500 and getting a 7970 for $399 or should i just sell my 590 and wait for the 8xxx series? because if i sell my 590 and get the 7970 ill just get 100 bucks for free basically.
12 answers Last reply
More about sell 7970
  1. Personally, I'd just keep the GTX 590. It's still a little faster than a Radeon HD 7970 and it even beats the Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition most of the time. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/516?vs=618

    Wait for the Radeon HD 8xxx series and see if it actually beats the GTX 590.
  2. Unless if you have terrible luck with SLI, stick with the 590 and see what the future GPU generations are like.
  3. The 590 is faster then the 7970, wait for the 8xxx cards, even then i don't think even say an 8970 could beat the 590. If you want to upgrade, either get 2 7970's another 590 or 690 or 7990, your choice.
  4. yup no point in upgrading from the 590. wait for the next gen
  5. stantheman123 said:
    Im thinking of selling my 590 for $500 and getting a 7970 for $399 or should i just sell my 590 and wait for the 8xxx series? because if i sell my 590 and get the 7970 ill just get 100 bucks for free basically.


    Downgrade and get an extra 100 bucks, sounds good to me :bounce: . It's a good decision to me cause a few fps isn't worth $100 + 7970 has lower power consumption. Plus, you can also buy a pre owned 7970 and probably pocket 200 bucks :sol:
  6. LeoMatrix said:
    Downgrade and get an extra 100 bucks, sounds good to me :bounce: . It's a good decision to me cause a few fps isn't worth $100 + 7970 has lower power consumption. Plus, you can also buy a pre owned 7970 and probably pocket 200 bucks :sol:

    Yea this is what im thinking i mean. when the 8xxx how much would a 8950 be you guys think? i wouldnt wanna spend more than 500 on a new gpu, so if the 8950 is gonna be like 600 here in Australia ill pass
  7. stantheman123 said:
    Yea this is what im thinking i mean. when the 8xxx how much would a 8950 be you guys think? i wouldnt wanna spend more than 500 on a new gpu, so if the 8950 is gonna be like 600 here in Australia ill pass


    450-500 usd I think. Just take the original price of 7950 and you will have price of 8950 in the beginning. :whistle:
  8. It was around 550 here in Australia.... i might sell my 590 buy a 6770 and sell the 6770 when the 8950 comes out. since the price on the 590 will drop
  9. as with the rest, stick with the 590, unless you're experiencing SLI problems or the electricity bill has been somewhat expensive. otherwise, it's still a capable card.
  10. Hmm let's see:
    -you have a still good performing card, on par with the highest of current generation
    -new generation GPUs are at the door
    -if you get a 7970 now, you may want to upgrade to a new generation card in a couple of months

    Leaves 4 ways for you:
    -sell the card, get the 7970 and pocket the rest of the money
    -keep the card and sell/trade it for a new generation card later
    -sell the card and get a GTX670 for around 350 bucks (or less):)
    -sell the card and get this sapphire 7950 for 280 bucks :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006
  11. Yea ill just keep it, i only wanted the 7970 since it was 400 and 3 free games but its not faster so its not a upgrade ill wait for the 8950/8970 and then trade it in or somthing. Thanks guys.
  12. Good decision m8. I bet the 8950/8970s will be a good upgrade later.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product