Sign in with
Your question

Is my build any good?

Last response: in Systems
January 13, 2013 12:40:16 PM

Dearest community i need you to gather around and give me your opinion about my custom built pc

The specs are:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Midi Tower

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+ w/Backplate

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3570K Processor

PSU: Corsair Powersupply HX750 750 W + 80+ Gold certified

Primary Hardrive: OCZ Intern SSD 128GB Agility 4 Series SATA III 2.5" (AGT4-25SAT3-128G)

Secondary Hardrive: Western Digital Black 500GB SATA III (7200 RPM / 64MB Cache)

Motherboard: ASrock z77 extreme4

Cooler: Cooler Master CPU Kylare Hyper 212 Evo

RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 PC-14900 1866MHz (F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL) (2x8GB)

DVD: Asus DVD±R/RW/RAM DL 24X SATA BULK BLACK

Screen: BenQ 27'' GW2750HM VA LED

So please help me rate my pc from 1-10
Will i be able to run crysis 3 on ultra with it?
Any opinions are very welcome
Thanks ;) 

More about : build good

January 13, 2013 12:49:04 PM

And i forgot the os will be windows 7 ultimate 64bit
January 13, 2013 2:31:06 PM

I wouldn't touch a OCZ SSD even with a 20 feet pole... Get yourself an Intel or Samsung SSD. There is often deals on Intel 330 SSD which are speedy and reliable. OCZ is probably the worst SSD brand you can get. They are plagued by firmware bugs that OCZ are aware of and they are slow to correct the issue that may lead to constant BSOD and really poor performance.

Also, get a better brand for your Monitor, BenQ is cheap brand with high failure rate in 2-3 years. Many brand new BenQ monitors have dead pixel stock and they won't replace it unless you have many dead pixels in the same area! Get yourself a Samsung or Asus Monitor instead. another thing, you realize the bigger your screen is, the higher the resolution need to be? And the higher the resolution of your screen is, the lower you have chances to run Crysis 3 on ultra???

Your power supply is a bit overkill, unless you want to SLI a second GTX 680 later, I'll get a 600-650W instead if it was my build. Stick with known quality brands like Antec, Seasonic, XFX, Corsair.

There is no way to know it will run Crysis 3 on ultra since Crysis 3 is an unreleased game. But you have a great gaming build that will serve you well (except for the OCZ SSD and the BenQ scrap).
January 13, 2013 5:05:29 PM

Thank you so much your opinion means a lot to me. But regarding the ssd,
1. i have heard the opposite from many other people, plus that it was a bit cheaper made me pick it, i would of picked the samsung one if it wasnt for the budget :/  sadly here in sweden things are ALOT more expensive.

And regarding the monitor, the exact same as i said with the ssd, i have heard from alot of people that its a very good one, and once again since it was affordable i picked it. i would love to buy a ASUS ONE BUT SADLY BUDGET
Once again thank you for your help :) ))
!