GTX 550 Ti FNB having high temp in idle state after installing 310.61!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
before I installed the 310.61 beta driver , I was running 306.97 driver
here's the idle temp on 306.97 driver

after installing 310.61 driver

:eek: idle temp went high and the clock speed is at its high performance even I'm not gaming :pfff:

okay.. I removed and uninstall the 310.61 beta driver

and installed 306.97 back... the temp is back to normal when in idle state... but every time I restart or shutdown and turn back on my another rig.. the problem always come's back.. but when I reinstall the 306.97 driver again... it will come back to normal temp and clock speed when idling , but when I restart or shutdown .. the problem comes back.. please help on what to do :(

Solution
G
i am sure i read where the 310.61 drivers have a bug that will cause the idle temps to read high in monitoring software such as GPU-Z. sorry i cannot find the link for that at the moment. but the P0 (3d clock) and P8 (2D clock) state clocks are unaffected.

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
max load temps are between 65-74,
the problem is at idle state...
I don't want to always reinstall my driver just to get the normal idle temps I used to have before I installed the 310.61 driver that probably ruin my driver or something you may call it.. :( I'm using 306.97 driver again, but whenever I restart my rig or shutdown.. the problem always comes back.. it can be fix by applying the 306.97 again.. but after restarting problem will always comes back :sweat: :eek:

thank you for the reply ;)

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I use to have my idle state @ 38-42c but now it's at 55-63c :( applied new thermal paste... but didn't help at all.. more like driver or software issue... virus maybe? :ouch:

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I can get my normal idle temps whenever I reinstall my driver , but everytime I restart my rig , its going to its full performance and even I'm not gaming or doing graphical activity or what not :(

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

I see there is an updated beta one now, maybe it fixes that.

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

yes I'm aware of that, but my point is.. how can I remove that bug from 310.61 beta driver.. yes I'm using 306.97 driver which is the latest full released version, but the bug is coming back.. the idle temp problems comes back everytime I restart my rig :(

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

not yet.. hope it fixes my problem even I'm idling the performance ramps up :(
thank you for the information and sharing :)

G

i am sure i read where the 310.61 drivers have a bug that will cause the idle temps to read high in monitoring software such as GPU-Z. sorry i cannot find the link for that at the moment. but the P0 (3d clock) and P8 (2D clock) state clocks are unaffected.

Solution

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

its okay.. thank you for sharing, sadly.. I tried if it does read the temp wrong, i restarted my rig and wait till it reaches 62c on idle, then I touch the gpu back plate thingy above of the 550 ti, which is very warm and hot... reinstalled driver and waited for it to reach 38c on gpu-z , you can't barely feel the heat or anything rather than a bit cold :cry: I don't know what's happening , I hope I wont resort to my last solution.. which is reformatting :(

G

you do not need to reformat. just uninstall the driver in control panel and install 306.97 WHQL Driver.

the last two betas were for games compatibility for hitman and AC3 and it seems to have caused more problems than help. there is no reason to get them and honestly, in my opinion there is no need to go past 271.xx drivers having a 550ti.

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

sadly.. I just reformatted my old mid tower rig.. :( uninstalling didn't help.. the problem always comes back after restarting... :cry:

I remembered I didn't download the 310.61 beta driver in geforce.com *facepalm*

thank you everyone for your time and help :love:

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
after reformatting and installing windows and drivers and all... restarting , turning off and turning back on again.. the problem on high temp even on idle

it has been fixed by reformatting... odd thing.. and stays a mystery for now.. what could possibly cause the high temp when idling and forcing my 550 ti to go to its full performance even if it's on idle state :O bad driver (310.61) ? yes I didn't download it from the geforce official website.. but I downloaded it to a well known site... virus of some kind? auto run? force ware thingy? lol.. I don't even know what I'm talking about :p but it really it bothers me on what caused the problem.. anyways... its been resolve :love: again.. I thank you everyone ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS