A few *annnoying* BUGS

Chadi

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
I am using RC 1 build 7100 64 bit

BUG #1

When I click devices & printers from start menu or within control panel, the green status bar in the top window starts to load very slowly and eventually halts at the last tiny bit but none of the installed hardware nor any icons appear in that window.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AW190, Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory and 64bit W7.

All my devices appear fine in device manager otherwise and work fine.

This problem is sporadic. Its worked for me on and off, weird.

BUG #2

Basic media functions on the media center remote buttons do not work such as:
pause
play
skip/forward
next/previous chapter
stop

This is the official Microsoft remote and receiver, not some imitation. This problem has also been sporadic, on/off over past builds.

BUG #3

I'm connected to my 1080p tv via hdmi from my laptop. Nvidia settings is laptop = primary and tv = extended (not cloned).

Now, I'll start up media center and it plays the dvd or video file fine. If I drag the window to the extended area (tv), it blanks out completely and stops playing. As soon as I drag it back to my laptop screen (primary), it starts again.

I'm using the default nvidia driver provided via windows update (wddm 1.1x??) version.

BUG #4

I keep my hdmi plugged in as a watch dvd's everynight through media center, onto my 32" tv.

The thing is, the sound taskbar used to automatically switch from hdmi to the laptop's soundcard automatically. It doesn't any more. Basically, if I turn off the hdmi mode on my tv, it used to switch from hdmi sound output to laptop's card. When I activate hdmi again, it would automatically switch to hdmi output.

I'm using the nvidia provided drivers via windows update.

PLEASE NOTE: all of these issues are sporadic. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't