wireless network question

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Hi All

I have one site that has a Ethernet router etc connected to a broadband
modem. I want to set up another site 80 metres away but use the existing
ethernet gateway through the router. Wireless is the way to go but I am
unsure if you can mix wireless and ethernet so that the remote site would
connect to the router to allow internet access. Does anyone have any ideas
about how this would work.

TIA

cds
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless network question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    look at this website..it explains it in detail
    http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp
    peterk

    the problem
    "cds" <cdsaus2001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have one site that has a Ethernet router etc connected to a broadband
    > modem. I want to set up another site 80 metres away but use the existing
    > ethernet gateway through the router. Wireless is the way to go but I am
    > unsure if you can mix wireless and ethernet so that the remote site would
    > connect to the router to allow internet access. Does anyone have any ideas
    > about how this would work.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > cds

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    Hi, I'm trying to set up a home network using a cable modem, a wirless
    routher with a wired connection to a tower, and wifi laptop.
    the site below is from 2002, and although it has many diagrams of setups,
    none show mine and I'm sure mine is duplicated a million
    times across america.
    Can anyone suggest a site that comvers my situation.
    Thanks,

    Mike

    "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > look at this website..it explains it in detail
    > http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp
    > peterk
    >
    > --
    > It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    > about the problem
    > "cds" <cdsaus2001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I have one site that has a Ethernet router etc connected to a broadband
    >> modem. I want to set up another site 80 metres away but use the existing
    >> ethernet gateway through the router. Wireless is the way to go but I am
    >> unsure if you can mix wireless and ethernet so that the remote site would
    >> connect to the router to allow internet access. Does anyone have any
    >> ideas about how this would work.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> cds

Routers Wireless Network Ethernet Card Networking