Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

My Acer GD235HZ 120hz monitor is havind color problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 29, 2012 8:38:33 AM

So I purchased this monitor, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... and while the 120hz is absolutely great but when it comes to certain games, it has a major problem. It bugs the **** out of me and even though it doesn't effect any sort of game-play it just shows poor edges. I am going to try to explain it to you the best I can.
The game that this is most frequent in is Dark Souls, I'm pretty sure anyone who has played the game will know that it is a poor port, but that besides the question.
When I am playing the game with the DSfix (downloaded from Dark Souls Nexus) while moving you can see poor edges. They mostly consist of greens and reds. They are very noticeable, but when I am standing still they go away. I had this problem for a while and then I did something that stopped it and then recently it started up again. But now it is only on one side of the screen.
I have tried fixing this but haven't had any luck. Now when I play the game i will just go onto my TV, 42" LED and its 120hz but I am using HDMI which limits the refresh rate to only 60hz.
I felt that by lowering it to 60hz in my screen resolution options it would help, but still it doesn't do much.
Any help at all would be helpful, sorry about the lousy post, hopefully it will describe my problem well enough.
Thanks :bounce: 
a b C Monitor
November 29, 2012 10:15:30 AM

Is it only that game or do other games have the same problem?
Score
0
November 29, 2012 10:17:57 AM

Did you try testing the GPU in another computer?
Are the monitor settings set properly?
Score
0
Related resources
November 29, 2012 11:32:53 AM

wanderer11 said:
Is it only that game or do other games have the same problem?

It seems to be only this game.
Score
0
November 29, 2012 11:33:48 AM

Kiowa789 said:
Did you try testing the GPU in another computer?
Are the monitor settings set properly?

No, I have not tried testing my graphics card in another computer. I feel the the card is just fine. It doesn't do this on any other game.
Could you be a little more specific on how my monitor setting should be set?
Score
0
a b C Monitor
November 29, 2012 11:44:03 AM

If it is only that game then the game is your problem. You could try to update graphics drivers.
Score
0

Best solution

November 29, 2012 5:32:24 PM

I have the same monitor, haven't had the problem but did find something about turning off the overdrive feature that is default on. No idea if it'll help but it does seem to clean up edge clarity. The article did it for 3D improvement but I felt it helped in 2D as well.
http://3dvision-blog.com/2457-reducing-the-ghosting-on-...
"And here is how you can call the Service Menu on the Acer GD245HQ / GD235HZ:

- Turn off the monitor
- Press and hold the first menu key (the leftmost one)
- Press the power button while still holding the 1st menu key
- When you see the image on the screen you can release the menu key
- Press the third menu key (the middle one) to call up the Service Menu
- Navigate in the service menu just like in the normal one, but now all options are changeable
- To return back to the normal mode just turn off the monitor and turn it back on the normal way"

Share
November 29, 2012 11:59:06 PM

ibjeepr said:
I have the same monitor, haven't had the problem but did find something about turning off the overdrive feature that is default on. No idea if it'll help but it does seem to clean up edge clarity. The article did it for 3D improvement but I felt it helped in 2D as well.
http://3dvision-blog.com/2457-reducing-the-ghosting-on-...
"And here is how you can call the Service Menu on the Acer GD245HQ / GD235HZ:

- Turn off the monitor
- Press and hold the first menu key (the leftmost one)
- Press the power button while still holding the 1st menu key
- When you see the image on the screen you can release the menu key
- Press the third menu key (the middle one) to call up the Service Menu
- Navigate in the service menu just like in the normal one, but now all options are changeable
- To return back to the normal mode just turn off the monitor and turn it back on the normal way"


Wow, That seemed to work. Thank you!!!!!!
Score
0
November 30, 2012 12:07:48 AM

WithoutTheWig said:
Wow, That seemed to work. Thank you!!!!!!


No Prob, Do I get a my first "best answer" vote :bounce: 
Score
0
December 1, 2012 12:46:41 AM

Best answer selected by WithoutTheWig.
Score
0
February 27, 2013 1:01:04 AM

I just bought this monitor lastweek and just got it today when i go into play wow ( its is hooked up to my laptop using hdmi) and everytime I start up wow it goes black then its back when i am on the desktop. any idea what i can do or should i just send it back?
Score
0
!