Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gtx 650ti oc vs gtx 560

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 29, 2012 8:58:35 AM

which is a better card gtx 650ti oc or the gtx 560 non ti
on a tight budget. which of these cads would give good performance
.note :gtx 650ti little cheaper.
looking at getting the 650ti since it is much newer card

More about : gtx 650ti gtx 560

November 29, 2012 10:31:26 AM

so i would get the 650ti because it uses less power and it uses keplar
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 10:44:44 AM

What about a 7850?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 10:47:52 AM

Well whats your budget ?

Bettwen those two get the 650 Ti
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 12:47:54 PM

omaroma11 said:
so i would get the 650ti because it uses less power and it uses keplar



what is keplar?
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 12:51:46 PM

prototype18 said:
Well whats your budget ?

Bettwen those two get the 650 Ti



budget is R2000. if im correct that works out to $150.
what is the reason for goin for the 650ti(1gb ddr5 oc)
they both pretty good from what i've seen. but i've also seen the gtx 560 can be better in bf3
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 1:25:26 PM

Well i would take that 650 Ti anyday
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 1:34:39 PM

prototype18 said:
Well i would take that 650 Ti anyday


i'll take your advice. but is it backward compatiable because my main board supports pci e 2.0
and the 650ti is pci e 3.0
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 1:40:07 PM

Yes it is
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 3:27:16 PM

sham_z said:
which is a better card gtx 650ti oc or the gtx 560 non ti
on a tight budget. which of these cads would give good performance
.note :gtx 650ti little cheaper.
looking at getting the 650ti since it is much newer card




the 560 is the better performer in all but one or two benches at specific (low resolutions) not much better though. Maybe 5-10%

The 650ti is better on power (lower power usage) and is newer tech. The 560 has better memory interface, higher memory bandwidth too. Not sure if it would make any difference, but the 600 series also suffers in direct compute applications.


Cheers

Share
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 3:45:12 PM

Well he didnt state any compute app. So i think he want gaming. So 650 Ti would be better
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 7:47:17 PM

prototype18 said:
Well he didnt state any compute app. So i think he want gaming. So 650 Ti would be better


yes the card will be used for gaming only (bf3, crysis 2, nfs and gta)
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 11:03:58 PM

So get it .I have the 560 TI and i can max everything @1280x1024.

So can the 650 ti. So i wuold choose it.

Its better and gives you

less heat
less noise
great OC
less power draw.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 6:10:01 AM

+1 it's a great card and will do everything you ask of it.
m
0
l
November 30, 2012 7:31:23 AM

prototype18 said:
So get it .I have the 560 TI and i can max everything @1280x1024.

So can the 650 ti. So i wuold choose it.

Its better and gives you

less heat
less noise
great OC
less power draw.



will games run at higher res like full hd. game detail wouldn't have to be set to highest
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 7:59:43 AM

It would definitely "run" everything but not at max. Some less demanding games it would max out but these is nothing that it won't play at over 60fps full HD.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 11:04:15 AM

sham_z said:
will games run at higher res like full hd. game detail wouldn't have to be set to highest

Yes both 560 Ti and 650 Ti cant run on 1080P everything on max. But u will have decent fps if u lower a bit the quality or no AA.
m
0
l
December 1, 2012 1:00:00 PM

Best answer selected by sham_z.
m
0
l
December 1, 2012 7:33:14 PM

the gtx660ti may be way out of my budget. But would it work on a Intel core i3 2100. H61 mainboard because if it does might as well wait a month or two to save up and get it
m
0
l
December 1, 2012 7:37:40 PM

the gtx660ti may be way out of my budget. But would it work on a Intel core i3 2100. H61 mainboard because if it does might as well wait a month or two to save up and get it
m
0
l
!