polo88

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
(my previous post was deleted for some reason)

Not enough VRAM is detected in my machine. I have subnormal fps running applications, especially at high resolutions. I have tried downloading "nvenabler" but don't know how to use it.
Please could someone guide me through getting my machine to detect all vram properly.thanks

cobot

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
How much vram is detected? The data loaded into the vram is mirrored on both cards in an sli configuration, so the actual vram that your applications will be able to use is 1.5GB.

Since you "only" have 1,5Gb, newer games with AA etc. enabled at a high resolution might suffer from low fps or fps dips.

polo88

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I don't know how much but i get error messages that vram is low.Also i've been told the low fps is due to not enough vram by a number of people.If i can tweak/alter the machine to get full vram detected i'm quite certain this will stop the stuttering and ridiculous lag when playing games in full screen at 2560 x 1600.

cobot

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
In which applications do you get that message? Do the problems disappear when you reduce antialiasing and/or reduce your resolution?

If you by get the full vram detected mean 3gb, I'm afraid that is currently not possible.This is simply how sli and crossfire works, identical data is loaded into the vram of both cards, effectively limiting the vram your system can use to 1.5gb.

Unfortunately, 1.5gb is often not enough to run demanding games at your res will all eyecandy and aa/af turned on

cobot

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008

If you run a game windowed with the desktop resolution set to 2560x1600, the game will run at the lower resolution of the window, not the resolution of the desktop.

For example, if the window takes up a quarter of your screen, the game actually runs at 1280x800 - which is why the games run well windowed.

I'm sorry, but you have had many persons telling you that you simply don't have enough vram for your res witt aa/af turned on. I suggest you trust them. You cannot "tweak" your cards into having more vram than what is soldered onto them.