DKU-5 problem

Last response: in Brands
March 13, 2005 1:26:51 PM

Hi Buddy
Recently i have purchased DKU-5 cable. i have installed related drivers
from the NOKIA website.
I am getting a message that "New hardware found " when i connect the
cable.
I have have found that USB-Serial controller drive not installed.
My Operating System is Windows XP Home + Service Pack 2.
Mobile Phone Nokia 3100

HELP ME

Thanks in advance

Cheers
V Kishore

More about : dku problem

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 9:58:11 PM

Looks like you are using non-original cable, which is not DKU-5. In most
cases, such cables aren't DKU-5- these cables are usually based on ProLific
chipset. You can find drivers for ProLific-based cables here:

http://tech.prolific.com.tw/ ( ProLific PL-2303 USB to Serial bridge) Does
this help?

PS: we aren't anyhow related to ProLific company.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, V Kishore!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 13 Mar 2005 10:26:51 -0800
from address vkishore.bathula@gmail.com:

>Hi Buddy
>Recently i have purchased DKU-5 cable. i have installed related drivers
>from the NOKIA website.
>I am getting a message that "New hardware found " when i connect the
>cable.
>I have have found that USB-Serial controller drive not installed.
>My Operating System is Windows XP Home + Service Pack 2.
>Mobile Phone Nokia 3100

>HELP ME

>Thanks in advance

>Cheers
>V Kishore
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 4:01:30 AM

Thanks buddy.....my problem got resolved. i need one more help.

Is it possible to my software(OS) on nokia 3100. i guesss i don't have
the latest version
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 5:32:14 PM

You cannot reflash your phone using pop-port cable. It is much more cheaper
to reflash the phone in official service centre.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, V Kishore!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 18 Mar 2005 01:01:30 -0800

!