DKU-5 problem

Hi Buddy
Recently i have purchased DKU-5 cable. i have installed related drivers
from the NOKIA website.
I am getting a message that "New hardware found " when i connect the
cable.
I have have found that USB-Serial controller drive not installed.
My Operating System is Windows XP Home + Service Pack 2.
Mobile Phone Nokia 3100

HELP ME

Thanks in advance

Cheers
V Kishore
3 answers Last reply
More about problem

    Looks like you are using non-original cable, which is not DKU-5. In most
    cases, such cables aren't DKU-5- these cables are usually based on ProLific
    chipset. You can find drivers for ProLific-based cables here:

    http://tech.prolific.com.tw/ ( ProLific PL-2303 USB to Serial bridge) Does
    this help?

    PS: we aren't anyhow related to ProLific company.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, V Kishore!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 13 Mar 2005 10:26:51 -0800
    from address vkishore.bathula@gmail.com:

    >Hi Buddy
    >Recently i have purchased DKU-5 cable. i have installed related drivers
    >from the NOKIA website.
    >I am getting a message that "New hardware found " when i connect the
    >cable.
    >I have have found that USB-Serial controller drive not installed.
    >My Operating System is Windows XP Home + Service Pack 2.
    >Mobile Phone Nokia 3100

    >HELP ME

    >Thanks in advance

    >Cheers
    >V Kishore

    Thanks buddy.....my problem got resolved. i need one more help.

    Is it possible to my software(OS) on nokia 3100. i guesss i don't have
    the latest version

    You cannot reflash your phone using pop-port cable. It is much more cheaper
    to reflash the phone in official service centre.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, V Kishore!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 18 Mar 2005 01:01:30 -0800
    from address vkishore.bathula@gmail.com:

    >Thanks buddy.....my problem got resolved. i need one more help.

    >Is it possible to my software(OS) on nokia 3100. i guesss i don't have
    >the latest version

Nokia Cable