Sign in with
Your question

New build suddenly started being stupid.

Last response: in Systems
January 13, 2013 5:08:22 PM

Hey guys,

I recently built a new computer, based on the Crosshair V Formula Z mobo, and I got it all working fine.
Yesterday I tested it, it was working good.
Today I unpacked it again (Had to store it away in a box for the night.) and booted it up. It booted up as soon as I turned the PSU on, didn't have to press any of the power buttons. I thought that was weird.
After turning on the PSU, it spun all the fans (except CPU cooler), turned the mobo lights on, and then turned itself off.
The mobo lights (Power button, reset button + redline leds) were still on, but the power buttons (both on case and mobo) refused to do anything. When I switched the PSU off and on, the same thing happened.
After checking a few times, the Q code that it displayed before turning off was C5 (undocumented).
I've tested all the PSU voltages, and it's all good.
I've removed and tested with different amounts of RAM, nothing.
The system doesn't post beep.
If I unplug the CPU 12v cable, and power on the PSU, it stays in somekind of on stasis (Stays on, but doesn't got to post, just stays pre post.)
I really need some help with this guys, and I'd appreciate any and all aide.

Specs:
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V formula Z
CPU: FX 4100
Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 cooler
RAM: Generic 1333MHz
PSU: OcUK Crusade 650W
GPU: Club 3D HD 6950
Case: HAF X

Thanks guys. Kinda getting depressed about the whole sheebang (Got a LAN on Saturday... :/ )
January 13, 2013 5:15:43 PM

Have u tried clearing cmos and i assume u did testing with all components out of case and on a card board box?
And what do u mean by unpacking did u have to take all components out of case and store them away or just put ir case inside box for the night?
January 16, 2013 5:05:52 PM

jshun1234 said:
Have u tried clearing cmos and i assume u did testing with all components out of case and on a card board box?
And what do u mean by unpacking did u have to take all components out of case and store them away or just put ir case inside box for the night?

Tried clearing CMOs, didn't work.
Everything was just put in a box overnight as one thing.

Another weird thig, I got it working yesterday, again. Booted up first time.
And now it stops working again, same as before...
!