Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Assassins creed 3 poor graphics quality

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 29, 2012 1:29:14 PM

Hi guys. I just purchased Assassin's Creed 3 on the PC and am having a graphics issue. All the text is blurry and quality is very poor. The only way I can get the game to display crisp, sharp graphics is by selecting "No Scaling" in my Desktop Size and Position settings box within the NVIDIA control panel - however, the game displays in a tiny box in the middle of the screen and is unplayable.

It just seems like the game screen is distorted when the game goes full screen - kind of like having a low resolution photo and trying to blow it up to a larger size - the quality becomes all pixelated. I have tried every resolution available in the graphics options on the game.

I am playing other games as Hitman Absolution (50fps+) and Assassin's Creed Revelations with no graphics issues. In fact, I even tried copying the graphics settings from ACR to ACIII but with it made no difference.

I have tried updating my video card driver to the latest version and installing the latest version of DirectX 11.

My System Specs are:

Intel Core i5 2600k @ 3.3GHz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 (1GB DDR5, 336 Cores)
8GB DDR 3 Ram
90GB SSD HDD

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

James.

Best solution

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 6:13:08 PM

Hey, I had the exact same problem and fixed it by going to your games installation folder, selecting your game launcher (AC3SP for me) Right-click it and go to properties. Select the compatibility tab and select the checkbox "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and voila! Hope this works for you.
November 29, 2012 10:30:42 PM

Thanks TheDiarmanator, that did the trick! Wow, what a difference!! :) 
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 10:31:08 PM

Best answer selected by James_77.
m
l
December 7, 2012 1:02:25 PM

James_77 said:
Hi guys. I just purchased Assassin's Creed 3 on the PC and am having a graphics issue. All the text is blurry and quality is very poor. The only way I can get the game to display crisp, sharp graphics is by selecting "No Scaling" in my Desktop Size and Position settings box within the NVIDIA control panel - however, the game displays in a tiny box in the middle of the screen and is unplayable.

It just seems like the game screen is distorted when the game goes full screen - kind of like having a low resolution photo and trying to blow it up to a larger size - the quality becomes all pixelated. I have tried every resolution available in the graphics options on the game.

I am playing other games as Hitman Absolution (50fps+) and Assassin's Creed Revelations with no graphics issues. In fact, I even tried copying the graphics settings from ACR to ACIII but with it made no difference.

I have tried updating my video card driver to the latest version and installing the latest version of DirectX 11.

My System Specs are:

Intel Core i5 2600k @ 3.3GHz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 (1GB DDR5, 336 Cores)
8GB DDR 3 Ram
90GB SSD HDD

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

James.

How do you copy the graphic settings from ACR and apply them to ACIII? Mine's just running really slow, quality is fine, and I wonder if that would help my situation, because ACIII doesn't have low minimum settings like ACR and ACB.
m
l
December 7, 2012 1:10:23 PM

Hi Kirk,

There is a text file with settings on. For me (running Windows 7), it is under:

C:\Users\{your username}\Documents\Assassin's Creed Revelations

I just overwrote the top part of the Assassin's Creed III with the top part from the revelations file. The Assassin's Creed III file should be in the same place.

Make a backup of the original ACIII file before copying across, just in case.
m
l
December 7, 2012 2:03:18 PM

James_77 said:
Hi Kirk,

There is a text file with settings on. For me (running Windows 7), it is under:

C:\Users\{your username}\Documents\Assassin's Creed Revelations

I just overwrote the top part of the Assassin's Creed III with the top part from the revelations file. The Assassin's Creed III file should be in the same place.

Make a backup of the original ACIII file before copying across, just in case.

Could just be a placebo, but I feel like that helped a tad bit. Either way thanks alot!
m
l
!