Crashing PC - How to diagnose if video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsfan6239

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
So in the past week the gaming rig has been acting up. I've had to do a few more than normal restarts.

When I log in, MSI afterburner runs automatically on my G510 keyboard screen, and I noticed something odd... the 2nd video card I is running at 200% at weird temperatures.

I have 2 6970's that both have aftermarket heat sinks which keeps everything cool and quiet. They are both same model, sub model, version, ect ect.

Weird things also happen lately too, and it is messing with my audio. Sometimes it will let me play music via my media player but not youtube? This last restart wouldn't let me play any audio whatever anywhere. My PC froze shortly after and I had to restart.

Where would I start to diagnose the problem?

Solution
in windows 7

click start type dxdiag.exe and hit enter run it and take a look at the video box

this will run a simple diagnostic of you're system and tell you the health status of many of you components.

you could also
click start type "record steps to reproduce a problem" and hit enter
click record
repeat steps that have led to problems in the past
click stop on the record
analyze report...
in windows 7

click start type dxdiag.exe and hit enter run it and take a look at the video box

this will run a simple diagnostic of you're system and tell you the health status of many of you components.

you could also
click start type "record steps to reproduce a problem" and hit enter
click record
repeat steps that have led to problems in the past
click stop on the record
analyze report...

Solution

Ozbarrera

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I had the same issue... no audio from utube... so believe it or not I just uninstalled itunes... I tested and all good again... I added itunes back and no more problems.. u could try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.