Sign in with
Your question

GTX 660 ti OC problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 29, 2012 7:00:37 PM

So, I recently purchased a GTX 660ti OC PE and for some reason, it seems like I can't overclock it at all. Even with all the voltages maxed and the power limit moved up to 114%, and even with a subtle OC like +50 to the core clock and +75 to the memory clock, when I play any game really after a few minutes the screens will turn off, then on, then I will be getting huge lag in game until I restart it. I have seen people get 150+ on the core and 500+ on the memory, and though I did not want to do anything that much, I figured that a sublte OC would be easy. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Here are my specs:

3570k @ 4.4
8 gigs ddr3 ram @ 1600
antec 750w psu

More about : gtx 660 problem

a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 9:02:47 PM

try running with the sidecover of the computer off and a house fan blowing in. it sounds like a heat buildup issue to me and could be by a lock of good airflow in your case.

Or it could just be that yours doesnt overclock that well. Not all of them do.
m
l
November 29, 2012 10:00:31 PM

popatim said:
try running with the sidecover of the computer off and a house fan blowing in. it sounds like a heat buildup issue to me and could be by a lock of good airflow in your case.

Or it could just be that yours doesnt overclock that well. Not all of them do.

Don't think it's a temp issue, my card never goes over 60c, usually hovers around 55. Guess I am just unlucky.
m
l
!