Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

630$ Budget gaming Pc ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 13, 2013 8:00:20 PM

Hi everybody !
Im about to order the parts to build my computer and i wanted to have your commentary on this build. I will mostly play modern game (on my 1600x900 monitor) like LoL, Skyrim, Black ops, planetside 2, wow, etc. Will this build max out those games at a good fps? If not can you suggest me some cheap upgrade. Sorry for my english..
P.S: i live in canada, quebec. I can only buy from newegg.ca or directcanada.ca but direct is cheaper.

There it is :
GPU: Gygabite radeon hd 7850 1gb OC @ 170$
CPU: Intel core i5-3470 quad-core 3.2 ghz @ 190$
Motherboard: Asus p8b75-m LE mAtx LGA1155 @ 70$
Ram: Corsair XMS3 8gb (2x4) DDR3 1600 @ 40$
Case: Corsair 200r Mid Atx tower @ 50$
HDD: Western digital caviar blue 7200 rpm, 500gb @ 65$
PSU: Corsair cx430 (430W) Atx 12v @ 40$
Dvd Burner: Asus x24 dvd burner @ 20$

More about : 630 budget gaming

January 13, 2013 9:07:43 PM

That power supply will be very underpowered for that setup - you will need a 500W minimum to run any decent GPU.

Instead of a B75 mATX board - get a full size H77 motherboard - it will have better expansion options for you. Otherwise everything else looks good.
January 13, 2013 9:12:55 PM

I think the Corsair cx430 will run the HD 7850 just fine. It won't even come close to stressing the PSU. And you should try to get the 2gb 7850 its around the same price. You can get better than a B75 for $70 lol. Get a H77 like what g-unit said.
Related resources
January 13, 2013 9:20:03 PM

blake1243 said:
I think the Corsair cx430 will run the HD 7850 just fine. It won't even come close to stressing the PSU. And you should try to get the 2gb 7850 its around the same price. You can get better than a B75 for $70 lol. Get a H77 like what g-unit said.


I actually used a CX430 on an Intel Sandy Bridge build and it failed to power the thing, I also used it trying to run my Radeon 5800 and it too failed to power up - get the CX500 or CX600 instead.
January 13, 2013 9:29:05 PM

g-unit1111 said:
I actually used a CX430 on an Intel Sandy Bridge build and it failed to power the thing, I also used it trying to run my Radeon 5800 and it too failed to power up - get the CX500 or CX600 instead.

My cx430 works like a charm with the Sandy Bridge G860. You probably got a cx 430 v2 (not made by SeaSonic).
January 13, 2013 9:37:53 PM

This is a pretty solid build for a bit cheaper. Instead of the i5 I put an i3-2100 because that does a great job with gaming and is a lot cheaper than the i5 you selected.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xsfP
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xsfP/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xsfP/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $589.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-13 18:37 EST-0500)
January 13, 2013 9:48:29 PM

^That PCPartPicker list is a US list. immortal44s lives in Canada.
At the 650CAD pricepoint I'd actually suggest AMD. There's nothing wrong with an AMD processor, and your money will stretch a lot farther on an AMD system. Core i3's are essentially destroyed by a FX-6300.
January 13, 2013 9:57:51 PM

funfortehfun said:
^That PCPartPicker list is a US list. immortal44s lives in Canada.
At the 650CAD pricepoint I'd actually suggest AMD. There's nothing wrong with an AMD processor, and your money will stretch a lot farther on an AMD system. Core i3's are essentially destroyed by a FX-6300.


Shoot you're right. Is there a way to convert that list to Canadian retailers?
January 13, 2013 10:10:01 PM

Yes, certainly. http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/
Or, in the upper-right corner, you can change your location.
If you can buy from Amazon.ca and NCIX:
CPU: AMD FX-6300 - 129.99CAD (Valid through 1/16)
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76934&promoid=1201
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 - 88.24CAD
http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-970A-D3-AM3-SATA-Moth...
RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black 2x4GB - 38.99CAD (Valid through 1/16)
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=78421&vpn=KHX16C9B1BK...
GPU: XFX Radeon HD7870 Core Edition - 204.99CAD AR (Valid through 1/16)
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=69828&vpn=FX787ACNFC&...
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB - 69.99CAD (Valid through 1/16)
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=70854&vpn=ST1500DM003...
ODD: Asus DRW-24B1ST - 19.99CAD (Valid through 1/16)
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=49597&vpn=DRW-24B1ST%...
Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha - 44.99CAD (Valid through 1/16)
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=77540&vpn=BFC-MRC-100...
PSU: XFX Core 450W - 39.99CAD AR (Valid through 1/16)
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=63238&vpn=P1450SX2B9&...
Comes to 7.37 above CAD630. Shipping isn't included...but this is certainly a good build for your money.
January 13, 2013 10:33:12 PM

you could go with a cheaper asrock motherboard, which are just as good, drop the i5 for one of the higher clocked ivy bridge i3's, and spend the saved money on a better gpu and psu. You can upgrade to an i5 later if need be.
January 14, 2013 1:14:51 AM

Thanks for reply,
As i prefer nvidia over ati, is there a way to get a nvidia GPU with same/better performance than ati cards around same price ?
January 14, 2013 9:01:31 AM

immortals44 said:
Thanks for reply,
As i prefer nvidia over ati, is there a way to get a nvidia GPU with same/better performance than ati cards around same price ?

AMD has better price/per performance untill you start getting up to the 660 ti and above.
January 14, 2013 9:04:53 AM

Don't get the XMS3 Ram it's 1.65v. Whatever RAM you get make sure it's 1.5v 1600MHz.. Sometimes people run into problems :) 
January 14, 2013 12:08:57 PM

After reading your reply, i decided to downgrade to a i3-3220 and upgrade to a cx500 and 660ti. Will the build handle the 660 ti ?

My build is now:
CPU: intel i3-3220 @ 120$
GPU: gigabyte gtx 660 ti 2gb OC @ 260$
PSU: Corsair cx500 (500w) @ 55$
RAM: 8gb(2x4) of ddr3 1600 mhz @ 40$
MOBO: gigabyte h77 @ 95$
CASE: corsair 200r @ 50$
HDD: 500gb western digital blue 7200 rpm @ 60$
DVD: Same
January 14, 2013 3:53:55 PM

it should be able to handle it just fine :p 
January 14, 2013 9:26:24 PM

Sure the i3 is OK, but it's locked, your motherboard's locked, so upgrading won't do much to help you.
January 14, 2013 9:47:23 PM

funfortehfun said:
Sure the i3 is OK, but it's locked, your motherboard's locked, so upgrading won't do much to help you.

I tough h77 was unlocked ?
January 15, 2013 2:26:46 AM

blake1243 said:
My cx430 works like a charm with the Sandy Bridge G860. You probably got a cx 430 v2 (not made by SeaSonic).


The V2 is actually made by DWT or something like that - it's definitely not made by Seasonic.

Quote:


Don't get the XMS3 Ram it's 1.65v. Whatever RAM you get make sure it's 1.5v 1600MHz.. Sometimes people run into problems :) 


I definitely agree about the voltage but 1.5V XMS RAM does exist: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
January 18, 2013 3:32:28 AM

immortals44 said:
I tough h77 was unlocked ?

The H77 is locked. Z77 is unlocked.

H77 = no overclocking
Z77 = overclocking
!