Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is it possible to hook up a modem to a ps3 without a phone line?

Last response: in Networking
January 5, 2012 10:02:56 AM

I was able 2 find my Evo shift through the ps3, but couldnt get online. I used Astro file mngr to navigate to visionary and run apk, usb debug and temp root but I can't find visionary. Rooting successfully has been difficult so far. Hardwire...maybe plug phone line from modem 2 ps3!??
Anonymous
January 5, 2012 10:15:53 AM

Huh???
Score
January 5, 2012 11:25:14 AM

Well, I was tryin not 2 make it 2 long... basically, I just got a ps3 n have century link hookin me up with a motem. They neglected 2 remind me that even the wireless need a phone line. I'm sure that'll run more than the price she told me. So I wanted 2 know if the ps3 could utilize the modem w/o an active jack or phone in the house? My ps3 did discover my evo shift but I couldn't get on-line. Tried 2 root but haven't quite figured it out yet. My neighbors wi-fi r all secured, any ideas?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b î Playstation
January 5, 2012 3:15:27 PM

If this is dialup instead of DSL, you can forget about playing online. The ps3 doesn't have a phone connetcion nor does it need one. That's an ethernet port for a wired connection to a router or switch.

The ps3 can use a wired or a wireless connection, but not both at once.
Anonymous
January 5, 2012 7:24:09 PM

No, CenturyLink is DSL service. Ask them for naked DSL service which means you need a phone line but not a phone number. It's usually about $35/month.
Score
January 11, 2012 11:00:10 PM

Best answer selected by yoko81btl.
Score
February 25, 2012 11:17:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!