Sign in with
Your question

First build help

Last response: in Systems
January 13, 2013 10:24:28 PM

Hey everyone, I was previously going to build an amd system, however my uncle (a programmer and experienced pc builder) advised I go with intel.. So I done a bit of research and this is what I came up with:

CPU: i7 3770k or i5 3570k

CPU COOLER: corsair H100i (I will OC)

MOBO: ASUS sabertooth z77

VIDEO CARD: EVGA gtx 680/670 4gb FTW+ (eventually I will SLI when the newer gtx 700/ maxwell series are released)

RAM: corsair vengeance (2x8 1600mhz-don't really need any higher)

HDD: SEAGATE momentous XT 750gb (hybrid drive ssd+hdd)

SDD: intel 330 240gb

PSU: corsair enthusiast ser... TX 850w

DISK DRIVE: ASUS something the $23 dollar one :) 

CASE: NZXT PHANTOM 820 :love: 

That's like $1800-$2000ish ($2000-$2400 NZD) so it's within my budget ill be purchasing from amazon and using an international mail forwarder like comgateway to ship it to New Zealand (same parts in nz will cost me nearly $4500 NZD).

I have the monitors and mouse and keyboard sorted, ill just get something at the local pc store. Thanks heaps ;) 

More about : build

January 13, 2013 10:41:28 PM

Is your Uncle going to be helping out with your build? If not that is quite an expensive build for your first time and it would blow if you messed up on an expensive component and not be able to return it. If you just want to game and play a game for say Battlefield 3, on high settings, your build is pretty overkill. Nothing wrong with that though haha, just spending a lot of extra money.
January 14, 2013 1:35:06 AM

kassuba39 said:
Is your Uncle going to be helping out with your build? If not that is quite an expensive build for your first time and it would blow if you messed up on an expensive component and not be able to return it. If you just want to game and play a game for say Battlefield 3, on high settings, your build is pretty overkill. Nothing wrong with that though haha, just spending a lot of extra money.

Hey, yeah he'll probably help me:)  this is both for gaming and auto cad, photoshop, after affects etc. and I also want it to be semi future-proof until I save up for an upgrade that's sorta why it's a bit of an overkill:) 

January 14, 2013 1:37:45 AM

Hey this is my new account cause the other kept saying it was deactivated:( 
!