Sign in with
Your question

Is this a problem with card or software?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 29, 2012 10:11:13 PM

I bought a new MSI R7770 1GB video card. Everything seems to be fine until today I played Assassin's Creed III, and I set everything to high to test the card, I got around 24 fps, but I got wierd graphics. What's this? Is this the problem with card?
I searched online and saw some toipcs stating the same problem with GTX500 serious cards have issues with this problem too. Does anyone know how to solve this?

More about : problem card software

November 29, 2012 10:20:44 PM

Update: I just test it one by one, and this only happens when I set AA to very high. And rest is still maxed out. Is this a hardware problem with the card?
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 5:58:52 PM

You might be running into a memory problem. Just don't play with that setting and it should be fine.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 6:10:55 PM

Shouldn't be a memory problem. 1GB is plenty for that game even on max settings at 1920x1080.

Do you have any other graphically intensive games to try? Which driver version are you running?
m
l
December 11, 2012 1:58:36 AM

Sunius said:
Shouldn't be a memory problem. 1GB is plenty for that game even on max settings at 1920x1080.

Do you have any other graphically intensive games to try? Which driver version are you running?

I'm not sure which driver I'm using, but I just downloaded the driver from the website, and installed it.
I'm playing far cry 3 too. I can play with max settings. But the graphic is kind of chopping when turn around. Got no problem as above thou. My concern is that since the card is dirt cheap, I'm wondering if this MSI product is defective in any way.
m
l
December 11, 2012 2:11:45 AM

Did you re-test the game after installing the latest drivers to see if the same thing is still happening?
m
l
December 11, 2012 2:27:46 AM

Strickens said:
Did you re-test the game after installing the latest drivers to see if the same thing is still happening?

That happened with the lastest drivers.
m
l
December 11, 2012 2:33:25 AM

BTW, amd ati graphic card driver doesn't have 7700 series, so which series does readon 7770 belongs to?
m
l
December 11, 2012 2:55:17 AM

You said in your original post that your graphics card is MSI, so that's it, if that's what you're asking.
Also, if it's only since you updated your graphics driver, you could try rolling back your drivers to a previous version and see if that helps.
m
l
December 11, 2012 3:17:30 AM

Strickens said:
You said in your original post that your graphics card is MSI, so that's it, if that's what you're asking.
Also, if it's only since you updated your graphics driver, you could try rolling back your drivers to a previous version and see if that helps.

No I upgrade from my gts 250 which is an nvidia card, and to this card. I have checked that there is no newer version of the driver, and I don't have any old version driver for ati.
m
l
December 11, 2012 4:52:37 AM

You can usually find older versions of the driver on the website. Just make sure you are going to the right one for your card. You have the 7770 so that's either Sapphire or Gigabyte.

Sometimes the latest drivers can cause problems with video cards and certain games, so it's always a good idea to try out the previous versions and see if they help the problem at all.
m
l
December 11, 2012 5:00:57 AM

Strickens said:
You can usually find older versions of the driver on the website. Just make sure you are going to the right one for your card. You have the 7770 so that's either Sapphire or Gigabyte.

Sometimes the latest drivers can cause problems with video cards and certain games, so it's always a good idea to try out the previous versions and see if they help the problem at all.

The brand is MSI, and I guess this is what you talk about the older version?
m
l
December 11, 2012 5:17:50 AM

knight_9 said:
The brand is MSI, and I guess this is what you talk about the older version?

Yep that's it. Try out some of the previous versions of your driver and see if there's one that improves or fixes the problem you're having in ACIII. If it doesn't, then it's possible there might be a problem with your hardware, or it could be a compatibility issue of another kind. Can you list your system specs? CPU/Motherboard/Ram/OS etc.
m
l
December 11, 2012 5:44:17 AM

Strickens said:
Yep that's it. Try out some of the previous versions of your driver and see if there's one that improves or fixes the problem you're having in ACIII. If it doesn't, then it's possible there might be a problem with your hardware, or it could be a compatibility issue of another kind. Can you list your system specs? CPU/Motherboard/Ram/OS etc.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810
Motherboard: MSI 790GX-G65
RAM: Kingston KHX1600C9db1k2/8G (DDR3 Hyper Blue) only using 1 stick now.
I have like 16g ram but only using 4g of them due to 32b system.
m
l
December 11, 2012 6:56:39 AM

Your PC meets all the recommended system requirements for running AC3, so there isn't any problems there.

I'm willing to bet it's either a driver compatibility issue, or an issue with the hardware itself. Try out different driver versions first and let us know how it goes afterwards.
m
l
December 11, 2012 8:42:39 AM

Strickens said:
Your PC meets all the recommended system requirements for running AC3, so there isn't any problems there.

I'm willing to bet it's either a driver compatibility issue, or an issue with the hardware itself. Try out different driver versions first and let us know how it goes afterwards.

Yeah, thanks alot for the information. I will try some older version of the driver, and if possiple, get the exchange within 30 days. Thanks alot man.
m
l
!