OverBurn

G

After just buying the LG 16x10x40 I am still having trouble overburning. I have reset the markers in nero up to 98 min 59 sec but everytime I goto write cd it says not enough space on medium. Supposedly the cd's are 99 min cd's although I havn't been able to find anything specific on whether specific cds work and others don't. The few cd's that were mention on THG in the article about overburning I have had no luck in finding a place to buy them from. Anyone who has one of these writers who has been able to overburn please send a few tips this way as I am gaining a huge collection of coasters. Plus if you know any sites that sell good 99 min cdr's please let me know. So far I have found only one type of those and they don't seem to be working very well

Silly rabbit take the blue pill

G

Just an idea, are you sure that drive is able to burn 99 min cds?

G

Based on multiple post on the web this cd-writer is supposed to support overburning and I have enabled overburn in nero and set the red marker at 98 min 59 sec yet I can get a burn over 730 mb

Silly rabbit take the blue pill

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Sounds like a physical problem, then. If you can get the burner to go *anything* over what is on the disk, then you're overburning, and it will go until you hit a stop. Either the media, or the actual drive itself.

Try loading up Feurio, and doing a disk analysis time. Whatever it stops at is what your burner can do, or what the media can do. If your media says '99 min' on it, then you know your burner *cannot* go any farther.

If Tommy got those burners to go 92minutes, then maybe you got a bad batch, or they made a change in the production lines since then.