Can I run BF3/ME3 on medium/high settings?

G

I am just trying to break my way into the PC building world, and have tons of questions.

Are either of these good builds? and is there any way to lower the price, while still keeping the core components (SSD, Mech. Keyboard, modular PSU, 660Ti, and i5-3570k)??

I would like an HDMI monitor, but couldn't find one at full 1080p for that price :pfff:

Also, I would prefer to stay as low in the price department as possible (under $1000 if at all possible) ;)

Expensive (yet my favorite) case: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xpFE
Cheaper (yet not as appealing) case: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xrLo

The case does matter to me, as I would like to keep it for many years to come to expand with :)

THANK YOU!!!! :D :D :D :D

-Cale

G

What do you mean, what are you missing? I am simply asking if those are good builds for the price point, and if so will they do the things I want at the settings I want. That is it. :fou:

Hazle

Distinguished
it's a fine build for the price. you could try looking for combos and limited time deals if you're looking for a lower price. try and see if there's a Microcenter nearby your place. their CPU's tend to be a heckuva lot cheaper. if you're not at all interested in OCing, you can lower that price a bit more going for a 3470/3450 and an H77/B75 board, if you haven't considered that yet.

HDMI isn't a huge must in monitors. DVI will do you just perfectly.

dunno what you're looking for in a case, but if you're so willing to consider a cheap CM Elite 430 as an option, then i don't think it's a bad choice at all to go for a $50-60 case like Fractal Design's Core 3000 or Corsair's 200R. a tad bit more quality over the 430, but not as expensive as the NZXT.

while it does offer a slightly higher frame rate over the 660ti in some instances, you'd still have to consider the lack of consistency in the frame rate;

http://techreport.com/review/24051/geforce-versus-radeon-captured-on-high-speed-video

AMD is currently in progress trying to release a driver to fix this issue. so, if it's cheaper than the 660ti and you're willing to wait for the driver or this isn't at all an issue to you, grab the 7870 ghz edition.

G

Thank you for all your help!! :D...I will definitely check if there is a microcenter near by...and yea, I thought about getting a cheaper mobo, but I am for sure going to overclock (why I went with a i5 and a k processor :p )

Dang it, none in florida :(

I would buy a decent case . A good chance you will re use it for your next build. Same with the PSU

The SSD you have listed is too small to use as a boot drive , so eaither spend a little more for a 120 gig or use it as a cache drive . intel smart response

Either suggested graphics card is going to work very well . If you pay more you start to get less bang for buck very quickly IMO .
Id buy whichever was cheapest .

G

I would like an SSD as a boot drive, but if that one is too small then screw it, I'd rather not fork over the dough for a big one...

FlyingPigman

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
For a Case, I would recommend the Cooler Master HAF 912. Its generally $50, and it has GREAT Airflow. The "HAF" stands for High Air Flow! The whole thing with building a CPU, is cut there, add here. Generally, for a Gaming build, you want a good CPU and a great GPU. I personally use an AMD FX-8350 for my Processor, and an AMD Radeon HD 7950 as my GPU. My whole build if you want to see it was only $955 and I can get near 70 FPS on BF3 Ultra! Now, for final parting advice..... MODULAR POWER SUPPLIES MAKE EVERYTHING SO MUCH EASIER!

G

Couldn't agree more with your parting statement! :D

But, I have to disagree, for I am a die hard Intel and Nvidia fan...sorry :p