PCI-E 1.1 Vs PCI-E 3.0

So I recently upgraded to a GTX 650 TI 2GB SuperSuperClock edition GPU. I thought my motherboard was PCI-E 2.0 but GPU-Z is telling me its 1.1. It said the memory clock is 2700MHz when the GPU is at 5400 (2700 is half btw) and I was trying to play MechWarrior Online to test out my new card, 7 FPS on high settings when its benched at 35 or so on Very High. Is this PCI-E 1.1 causing the major problem or something else like using the 6-pin power cable from my old 8800GT? The DDR2 RAM? I doubt the Quad Core 2.3GHz is a major bottleneck if any. Any help would be nice.
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. PlanetaryPenguin321 said:
    So I recently upgraded to a GTX 650 TI 2GB SuperSuperClock edition GPU. I thought my motherboard was PCI-E 2.0 but GPU-Z is telling me its 1.1. It said the memory clock is 2700MHz when the GPU is at 5400 (2700 is half btw) and I was trying to play MechWarrior Online to test out my new card, 7 FPS on high settings when its benched at 35 or so on Very High. Is this PCI-E 1.1 causing the major problem or something else like using the 6-pin power cable from my old 8800GT? The DDR2 RAM? I doubt the Quad Core 2.3GHz is a major bottleneck if any. Any help would be nice.

Depends on what quad core it is...

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10528/

Click on the green button and test your system.
  2. maxalge said:
    Depends on what quad core it is...

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10528/

Click on the green button and test your system.

Thanks. But it still doesnt explain why such low FPS in MechWarrior. Oh well, ill still be able to max nearly every game. Just hopefully this problem doesnt persist with a few other games.
  3. Well maybe its a bug with that game . Try update with new beta driver
  4. PlanetaryPenguin321 said:
    something else like using the 6-pin power cable from my old 8800GT

Elaborate that please. What is your power supply unit?
  5. Sunius said:
    Elaborate that please. What is your power supply unit?

Its just the same 6 pin connector i was using for my 8800GT. The PSU is minimum required to run the GTX but that shouldnt effect its performance.
  6. Okay. Did you install latest Nvidia drivers?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs PCI Express Graphics