Radeon 5.7 Drivers out

Last response: in Video Games
a b \ Driver
July 15, 2005 4:00:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
dodgy BF2 textures.

(pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

More about : radeon drivers

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 15, 2005 4:03:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?

"m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
news:D b6qqc$f6$1@news.freedom2surf.net...
> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
> dodgy BF2 textures.
>
> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

July 15, 2005 4:24:05 PM

m3thod wrote:
> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
> dodgy BF2 textures.
>
> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

Urm, actually, no....
from the release notes....
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_57_release_notes.h...

'Known Issues for Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed
when playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP
with an ATI Radeon® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in
topic number 737-19709'

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn
a b \ Driver
July 15, 2005 9:32:50 PM

"Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
> m3thod wrote:
>> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
>> dodgy BF2 textures.
>>
>> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
> Urm, actually, no....
> from the release notes....
> http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_57_release_notes.h...
>
> 'Known Issues for Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
> Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed when
> playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP with an
> ATI Radeon® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in topic
> number 737-19709'

Well that will teach me to copy and paste without checking!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 16, 2005 12:21:18 AM

"DeathSkunk5" <evokenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?
>

> "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
> news:D b6qqc$f6$1@news.freedom2surf.net...
>> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
>> dodgy BF2 textures.
>>
>> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

No problem here
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 16, 2005 12:21:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

it keeps telling me that im out of memory.

"m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
news:D b92be$o19$1@news.freedom2surf.net...

> "DeathSkunk5" <evokenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?
>>

>> "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
>> news:D b6qqc$f6$1@news.freedom2surf.net...
>>> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for
>>> some dodgy BF2 textures.
>>>
>>> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
>>>

> No problem here

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 16, 2005 1:02:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Yes , i already re-installed the old drivers.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans Pluijgers
Hamcall: PA3HGT
www.pa3hgt.nl

> anyone having problems running BF2 after install of
> catalyst?
>
> "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
> news:D b6qqc$f6$1@news.freedom2surf.net...
>> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme
>> has a fix for some dodgy BF2 textures.
>>
>> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 16, 2005 1:23:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

"DeathSkunk5" <evokenny@hotmail.com> wrote:

> it keeps telling me that im out of memory.

Working fine for me - Radeon 9800 128MB.

But then again, my machine getting out of memory would be strange, 1GB
of RAM :-)

Oh, and it DOES seem to me that BF2 is running a little faster at
1024x768...

Juergen Nieveler
--
Never mind the facts - I know what I know
July 16, 2005 1:56:25 AM

m3thod wrote:
> "Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
>
>>m3thod wrote:
>>
>>>Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
>>>dodgy BF2 textures.
>>>
>>>(pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
>>
>>Urm, actually, no....
>>from the release notes....
>>http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_57_release_notes.h...
>>
>>'Known Issues for Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
>>Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed when
>>playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP with an
>>ATI Radeon® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in topic
>>number 737-19709'
>>

> Well that will teach me to copy and paste without checking!

LOL !
Sry.

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn
July 16, 2005 1:57:31 AM

DeathSkunk5 wrote:
> anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?

The cat 5.7's work fine with my 9800 and BF2.

:)

> "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
> news:D b6qqc$f6$1@news.freedom2surf.net...
>
>>Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
>>dodgy BF2 textures.
>>
>>(pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn
July 17, 2005 6:39:57 PM

DeathSkunk5 wrote:
> it keeps telling me that im out of memory.

Hmmm, I've forgotten that.

:)

--

!