Radeon 5.7 Drivers out

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
dodgy BF2 textures.

(pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
10 answers Last reply
More about radeon drivers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?

    "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
    > Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
    > dodgy BF2 textures.
    >
    > (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    m3thod wrote:
    > Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
    > dodgy BF2 textures.
    >
    > (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

    Urm, actually, no....
    from the release notes....
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_57_release_notes.html

    'Known Issues for Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
    Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed
    when playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP
    with an ATI Radeon® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in
    topic number 737-19709'

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
    > m3thod wrote:
    >> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
    >> dodgy BF2 textures.
    >>
    >> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
    > Urm, actually, no....
    > from the release notes....
    > http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_57_release_notes.html
    >
    > 'Known Issues for Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
    > Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed when
    > playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP with an
    > ATI Radeon® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in topic
    > number 737-19709'

    Well that will teach me to copy and paste without checking!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "DeathSkunk5" <evokenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?
    >

    > "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
    >> dodgy BF2 textures.
    >>
    >> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

    No problem here
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    it keeps telling me that im out of memory.

    > "DeathSkunk5" <evokenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?
    >>

    >> "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
    >>> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for
    >>> some dodgy BF2 textures.
    >>>
    >>> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
    >>>

    > No problem here

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Yes , i already re-installed the old drivers.

    --
    Met vriendelijke groet,

    Hans Pluijgers
    Hamcall: PA3HGT
    www.pa3hgt.nl

    > anyone having problems running BF2 after install of
    > catalyst?
    >
    > "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme
    >> has a fix for some dodgy BF2 textures.
    >>
    >> (pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "DeathSkunk5" <evokenny@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > it keeps telling me that im out of memory.

    Working fine for me - Radeon 9800 128MB.

    But then again, my machine getting out of memory would be strange, 1GB
    of RAM :-)

    Oh, and it DOES seem to me that BF2 is running a little faster at
    1024x768...

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Never mind the facts - I know what I know
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    m3thod wrote:
    > "Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>m3thod wrote:
    >>
    >>>Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
    >>>dodgy BF2 textures.
    >>>
    >>>(pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)
    >>
    >>Urm, actually, no....
    >>from the release notes....
    >>http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_57_release_notes.html
    >>
    >>'Known Issues for Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
    >>Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed when
    >>playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP with an
    >>ATI Radeon® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in topic
    >>number 737-19709'
    >>

    > Well that will teach me to copy and paste without checking!

    LOL !
    Sry.

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    DeathSkunk5 wrote:
    > anyone having problems running BF2 after install of catalyst?

    The cat 5.7's work fine with my 9800 and BF2.

    :)

    > "m3thod" <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Windows xp radeon catalyst 5.7 drivers are out, readme has a fix for some
    >>dodgy BF2 textures.
    >>
    >>(pinched from BF2 EA UK Forums)

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    DeathSkunk5 wrote:
    > it keeps telling me that im out of memory.

    Hmmm, I've forgotten that.

    :)

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn

Drivers Games Radeon Video Games