Linking Two ADSL Routers

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.routers (More info?)

Hi,

I have two ADSL routers - Alcatel Speedstream and a Cisco 800 (or something
like that) series. Previously, I was using the Alcatel for my ADSL purpose.
It comes with the typical 1 port LAN which I hook up to my Linksys Wireless
Router and then to a 8 port Cisco switch.

Now, I just got myself a cool Cisco IP PBX system which is managed by
another ISP. I was given a new ADSL link (512 up/256 down) with the Cisco
800s. Given that I have two perfectly working ADSL lines with 1 mbps
throughput, it would be a waste note to combine both together. Both of the
ADSL comes from different providers.

The question is:

How am I going to "hooked up two ADSLs" so that I get more internet
bandwidth, while preventing any networking errors?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.routers (More info?)

i sorta of solve it... Dual-Wan... gosh... sounds good to me...

"the good guy" <good@thinking> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have two ADSL routers - Alcatel Speedstream and a Cisco 800 (or
something
> like that) series. Previously, I was using the Alcatel for my ADSL
purpose.
> It comes with the typical 1 port LAN which I hook up to my Linksys
Wireless
> Router and then to a 8 port Cisco switch.
>
> Now, I just got myself a cool Cisco IP PBX system which is managed by
> another ISP. I was given a new ADSL link (512 up/256 down) with the Cisco
> 800s. Given that I have two perfectly working ADSL lines with 1 mbps
> throughput, it would be a waste note to combine both together. Both of the
> ADSL comes from different providers.
>
> The question is:
>
> How am I going to "hooked up two ADSLs" so that I get more internet
> bandwidth, while preventing any networking errors?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.routers (More info?)

Buy a LANCOM systems 1621 ADSL router with loadbalancing.

the good guy <good@thinking> schreef in berichtnieuws
42d4b5f9$1@news.starhub.net.sg...