Is it okay to connect all of this to one PSU cable then the mobo?

Swigelf

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Motherboard - ASRock 970 Extreme 3
Case - AZZA Orion 202 EVO
Power Supply - Corsair TX650 V2

In my chassis, each fan (3) has a separate (4-prong) female and male cord. There is also a 4th set of these cords in the front of the case, what are those for first of all?

I am wondering if it would be okay (barring what that 4th set is obviously) to use one cable from the power supply with 4 female ends to attach to all 4 of those sets with their male ends. Then, at the last fan that cable hits in the back of the case, using that fan's female end for an adapter to connect to CHA FAN 1 on the motherboard.

The only thing I've been told about this so far is they will all run at the same speed if done this way, unless I run Speed Fan(?) and edit the fan speeds from there. Any suggestions on the best way to do this are appreciated.

Thanks for any help

P.S. While I'm here. I haven't opened my Asus HD7850 yet, but if it has 2 PCI slots, do I use both of those? Since my PSU has two cables for that.

Swigelf

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
The second part of your answer - are you referring to the graphics card? Sorry, I meant the connection between the power supply and graphics card, not the mobo. I think I meant PCI-E. Do I plug in both power PCI-E cables into the graphics card if it has slots for two of those?

Swigelf

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Sorry, it was a link to an image. The male/female cable sets the 3 fans have. There's a 4th set but I have no idea what its connected to (or if I can plug it on the same power supply cable as the 3 fans).