RollTide

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hey Guys,

I've done my research and I think that this Rig is a decent setup. As embarrassed as I am to say it, even though I devise and design web and mobile apps and I am involved in intense graphic/animation productions, this is my first build. So, please be critical and let me know what you think about the setup and what alternatives you might recommend. Right now, I intend to purchase my Rig through ibuypower.

1 x Case ( Thermaltake Armor Revo Full Tower Gaming Case - Snow Edition )
1 x Case Lighting ( Liquid Neon Thunder Pattern Light - Blue )
1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( Advanced - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System )
1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ( [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Modules )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i7 3970X Processor Extreme Edition (6x 3.50GHz/15MB L3) - Intel Core i7 3970X w/ Intel Performance Tuning Protection )
1 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( PowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) )
1 x Memory ( 32 GB [4 GB X8] DDR3-2133 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance )
1 x Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 4GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz - SLI Mode (Dual Cards) )
1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA )
1 x Free Stuff ( [FREE Game Voucher] - Assassins Creed III - Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650Ti or above )
1 x Motherboard ( ASUS Rampage IV Extreme )
1 x Power Supply ( 1350 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower-1350M - Free Upgrade to 1500 Watt Toughpower-1500M ($40 Savings) )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 240 GB Corsair Force Series GT SSD - Dual 240GB Drives (480GB Capacity) - RAID 0 High Performance )
1 x Data Hard Drive ( 1 TB WD VelociRaptor HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 10000 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Dual 1TB Drives (1TB Capacity) - RAID 1 Data Security )
1 x Optical Drive ( [12X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Re-Writer, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Blue )
0 x 2nd Optical Drive ( None )
1 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( 12-In-1 External USB Flash Media Card Reader/Writer )
1 x Meter Display ( NZXT Sentry LX Aluminum Fan Control, Clock, and Temperature Display )
1 x Sound Card ( ASUS Xonar Essence STX )
1 x Network Card ( Intel Pro 10/100/1000 Network Card )
1 x Operating System ( Windows 8 Pro + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] - 64-bit )

Do you intend to game on this system at all?

Drop the 3970X to a 3930K, theres no difference between the two except a slighty bigger cache and $500.

I would sink a bit more cash into the cooling of the system, the H60 is only equivalent to a budget air-cooler.

See if you acn drop the PSU to something more reasonable like 850W, 1350W is way more than you will ever need.

RollTide

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
First, thank you all for the comments.

Second, if ibuypower does not offer one of the products that you suggest on their website (e.g. better cooling system) with the build, do any of you know how flexible they are to get alternative equipment for their customers or is there a better vender with more options who will put a custom rig together better than ibuypower?

That person is between your keyboard and chair.
Building your own rig isnt that difficult and affords you many more options than going through a company like iBuypower or Cyberpower. Also chances are you will end up with a better built rig, I remember someone came to these forums with a spec sheet from Cyberpower and they charge $30 to cable manage the system...

Far as I know the big manufacturers are fairly inflexible when it comes to get getting components that aren't on offer already.