Amd radeon hd 7750 windows 7 3d flickering

Mytruepower2

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not sure what to do.

My system came with Windows 7 Home, the AMD Radeon 7750 1GB PCI-E 3.0, a 600 watt power supply, and a 1tb hard drive with 6GB/s 32mb cache 7200rpm hdd (whatever that means.)

Something is causing all of my 3d games to flicker, as though the graphics card can't tell the difference between one layer and the next. My older, 2D games work just fine, but I keep seeing what look like shards of the other sides of objects flickering on and off in my 3d games. I've checked all of the 3D games I have installed so far (portal, Age of Mythology and Skyrim,) and the same thing is happening to all three.

I have downloaded various versions of directx. No change. I have downloaded the latest graphics card drivers. No change. I've spent a while checking to see whether my monitor or DVI-D converter had drivers that might fix the problem. Nothing presented itself.

If anyone else has run into this precise problem, please respond. I purchased the PC for precisely the purpose of playing my old 3D games again, and this is not what I had in mind.

Supplemental: The Motherboard is a crossfirex gigabyte Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/IRST, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 2 PCI
The CPU is an Intel Core i5+3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (at least according to the receipt.)
Also, my brother has been doing some research in his spare time, and the graphics problem bears much resemblance to "z-buffer fighting." Please help.