Sign in with
Your question

Can someone value this?

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2013 4:24:34 AM

I was trying to determine the value of this build i have and the more important parts of it are fairly new (only couple months of low usage) because i was just going to buy a new computer and start from scratch and work my way up.

Ok so the specs:

Mobo: foxconn model 2AB1
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 (Around 6 months old but never overclocked)
GPU: HIS iCooler 7770 GHz Edition 1GB GDDR5 ( 2 weeks old never overclocked)
RAM: 2x4GB Ripjaws G.skill and 1x4 Crucial (i dont know what model exactly but its just a plain old stick)
HDD: Seagate barracuda 7200.10 160GB (about 4 months old and i clean out unused files and temps every week so its always fresh)
cooling: i have 5 fans not including video card fan 4 on the case and 1 on the CPU computer is always cool and you can barely feel the heat from the cpu
Case: I cant remember the exact model but its a little banged up but not horrible condition.. 2 LED light strips on the front with a mixture of mesh and clear blue shaded plastic and black metal panels.. Inside there is 4 dvd drive slots and 6 HDD slots.

So if you guys can help me with it dont need an exact answer just a range.. and if you cant find out the exact case just give me the pricing or value on the Hardware and il work with that... Thanks -Alex

More about : question

a b B Homebuilt system
January 14, 2013 4:27:53 AM

200$ at the best.
m
l
January 14, 2013 4:30:00 AM

djangoringo said:
200$ at the best.

Im depressed now :cry: 
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 11:00:55 PM

Anyone else???
m
l
January 17, 2013 6:48:01 AM

That video card is around $140 by itself. If selling your rig I would pull that out first. You never said what motherboard you have. If it is a decent one then I would just get rid of the processor and work from there.
m
l
a c 106 B Homebuilt system
January 17, 2013 11:54:30 AM

The Athlon is pretty much worth nothing being such an old processor. Mobo might still be worth something since its AM3, but it cant support processors with a TDP above 95W so the majority of the notable chips for AM3/+ are incompatible.
The 7770 is worth ~$120 since its used.
The G.Skill RAM maybe $30. The Crucial is unknown, but $10 I would think if its of decent spec.
HDD is maybe $10 at most, provided its not IDE, then it may be worth more if its in good nick.
Fans will depend on what they are, but if their generic then $5 each.
Case is very subjective to its model and condition, need more info. If its a generic ATX case then maybe $10-20.
Didnt specify a PSU, if its any good then that can raise the systems value by a good amount. If its generic then dont bother factoring it in. Generic PSU's can be had for $5.

At a rough guess, the system is worth ~$200 barring it having a good case and PSU.
Might be better off cannibalizing it or selling off individual parts.
m
l
January 19, 2013 7:39:17 PM

dragonlord12832 said:
That video card is around $140 by itself. If selling your rig I would pull that out first. You never said what motherboard you have. If it is a decent one then I would just get rid of the processor and work from there.

http://www.game-debate.com/motherboard/index.php?mot_id... my mobo
m
l
!