My New Built Guys, Please tell me how is it and need suggestions.

Abh19021

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hello friends.

After a long session of reading reviews in Internet about each and every components i finally built my System and its here now :) very excited. It is just according to my budget i was able to make. Please let me know how is this built?
Thank you all for your time.

CASE : Cooler Master Elite 431.

CPU : Core i5 3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1Ghz turbo boosts to 3.5Ghz , L3 Cache 6MB.

MotherBoard : ASUS P8H61-M LX Rev 2.0 , PCI 3.0 Motherboard. ( I am not into overclocking, so i thought this is the cheap and best).

RAM : Gskill NT 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM.

PSU : Seasonic S12ii 520Watts 80+ Bronze.

GPU : SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON HD 7850 1 GB Overclocked Edition.

Monitor : Benq 21.5 Inch FULL HD 1920x1080p.

HDD : WD cavier Blue 250GB ( i bought only 250GB coz i already have extra 500GB of HDD).

That is it ! :)
Tell me how is it ? and if there is something to change / remove/add to make it more better .
Thank you once again :)

Solution

i can see it doing well at ultra at 2-4xAA at some of the more currently demanding titles. future games though? can't promise you anything.

depending on how much you paid for it, the CPU's ok. not a whole lot of non-K IB i5's to choose from, and going for SB just isn't worth it as they cost just about the same either way...

Hazle

Distinguished
give us your budget and intended use, and we may be able to build a better one.

note that depending on your motherboard's revision, you will need to update the BIOS.... and that requires a sandy bridge CPU, in the worst case scenario. buy a B75 or an H77 board.

Abh19021

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

I have updated the bios already and recognized the CPU without problem (CPU ID recognized aswell) i have already bought this system , i just wanna know how is it ? I wont be able to buy all over again. :\

Abh19021

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

Thanks a lot for your reply man.. That really helps , an exact answer always helps :D
btw I am planning to put in a Corsair Vengance or Gskill Ripjaws 8 GB DDR3 RAM ( 4GB x2) 1600Mhz itself. How will it be then.

another doubt i had is that is 1 GB OF HD 7850 enough for a resolution 1920x1080 , i heard 1 GB is kinda enough for single monitor setup. thank you for your time again.

Hazle

Distinguished
oh. my bad then.

personally, an okay system. seeing how some people are doing well enough with a LGA775 PC now, i'd reckon it'll do well for 3-5years with a GPU upgrade somewhere in between.

i guess the only complaint is if that's a 2x2GB ram or a single piece of 4gb. if it's the latter, simple enough fix either way; just add another 1333mhz 4gb module. ram speed personally isn't much of an issue in gaming performance though. you'll see a small increase in performance in some games, but you're a lot better off with a GPU upgrade in the future

1gb is kinda cutting it tight nowadays @1080p. as time progresses, expect games demanding more vram. at worst, you'll have to settle at medium graphic settings. so save up. if you're not hungry for more performance, you can save up and skip AMD's 8000/Nvidia's GTX700 series and go for the next gen. surprisingly, my 6870 was holding up quite well in 2012. not amazingly, but i'm satisfied.

Abh19021

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

Thanks a lot for your answer. you are Correct about "1 GB cutting it tight in 1080p" but wont it be fine with sacrificing few of the graphic settings like MSAA ( other AA types) ? I might be wrong , please correct me. :)

and yes , i am planning to sell my present RAM and buy new 8 GB (4GBx2) DDR3 1600mhz Corsair vengance RAM.

What do you think about the CPU ,

Thanks a lot :)

Hazle

Distinguished

i can see it doing well at ultra at 2-4xAA at some of the more currently demanding titles. future games though? can't promise you anything.

depending on how much you paid for it, the CPU's ok. not a whole lot of non-K IB i5's to choose from, and going for SB just isn't worth it as they cost just about the same either way.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/cpu/#s=11&f=29,20&k=14&sort=a7

if you actually paid $195 for the 3450 as opposed to $180 for the 3470, a little too late to regret it. either way, it's still a fine CPU.

Solution

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
this is a good system should work out for you let's say 3 years or so, you do want to upgrade to a 8gb to give you a more satisfying performance those corsair or g.skill written above should suffice. also you may want to upgrade to a 2gb version of the coming amd 8000 or gtx700 or you can skip it all to give you a better bang for buck at the amd 9000/gtx 800 even if you game at 1920x1080 resolution should do you a nice job with that gpu but you may need to tone down the graphics on demanding titles.