Sign in with
Your question

Unknown PCI Multimedia Audio Device

Last response: in Components
January 10, 2002 9:55:50 PM

Assembling Soyo Dragon Plus, AlthonXP 1700+, Gainward CardExpert MX400 video, Samsung 950p monitor, Toshiba DVD/CD-ROM, and future add-ons. These are all right now. In Window98 System Device Manager, get yellow ? the no device driver is loaded for PCI Multimedia Audio Device. Have tried all CDs received and cannot clear this. How can I find out what device is causing the problem? Would not be feasible to disconnect the video card or CD, so what else could be doing this?

John
January 10, 2002 10:43:29 PM

What do you have plugged into your PCI slots?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
January 10, 2002 10:48:48 PM

Mobo has onboard sound?

If so, delete the device from Device Manager and reboot.

Cancel when new device is found on reboot, then install from CD.
Related resources
January 10, 2002 10:52:55 PM

CMI 8738 5.1 Channel Audio

A brief search tells me this is the culprit...
January 12, 2002 11:43:34 AM

also if the baord has onbaord sound you have to make sure to shut it off in the bios

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:
January 12, 2002 11:42:46 PM

Might be a jumper on the mobo to turn off onboard sound-Check Mobo manual.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.
January 13, 2002 12:00:43 PM

Probably your onboard sound.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
January 13, 2002 11:51:02 PM

Thanks to all that answered. You were all right on the money. It was the on-board digital sound. I later found a reference that it is PCI slot 7 (and I only have 5). I reinstalled on-board audio driver and it got rid of the problem.

John
!