Sign in with
Your question

P4 system Hangs very often

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2013 6:16:53 AM

Hello,
my system hangs very often and shows no signal on monitor turns off but fan keep running.....we been told problemn with the monitor so purchased a new one but the problem still persist...plz tell me where exactly the problem is with smps /motherboard/ processor/ram?
i'm using p4 1.6ghz,256mb Ram,XP sp2,

More about : system hangs

January 14, 2013 7:13:40 AM

I have one piece of advice, just get rid of it and buy a new one any money you spend on it isnt worth spending im sorry
m
l
a c 82 B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
January 14, 2013 7:45:58 AM

^ Agreed.

Tha computer is at least 10 years old. It really could be anything and you will never find replacement parts that old. If anything though I would suspect the power supply especially if it's the original one.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2013 7:52:33 AM

Yeah I have to agree to, I have a 3.4ghz p4, ain't gonna spend money on that, gunna replace it's guts with a pentium g, new board and ram, all up costs not much more then 2 more 1 gb sticks for the pig, I can't even play 1080 videos on the bloody thing
m
l
January 14, 2013 10:07:30 AM

Well getting replacment parts is actually pretty easy to get but you have to know the right people but the parts will not be brand new, 3.4ghz pentium 4 on a 775 chipset with 4gb ram and a good graphics card would still be an ok system and would be worth fixing up but at what you have just toss it, and teeroy a pentium d is pretty good just make sure you dont get a 3ghz one get a 3.2 or 3.4 i had several of the 3ghz ones and they were always a pain in the ass to get to run things lol
m
l
June 12, 2013 3:18:18 AM

Snowsniper2 said:
Well getting replacment parts is actually pretty easy to get but you have to know the right people but the parts will not be brand new, 3.4ghz pentium 4 on a 775 chipset with 4gb ram and a good graphics card would still be an ok system and would be worth fixing up but at what you have just toss it, and teeroy a pentium d is pretty good just make sure you dont get a 3ghz one get a 3.2 or 3.4 i had several of the 3ghz ones and they were always a pain in the ass to get to run things lol

My board won't accept dual core or I would have done that
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
June 12, 2013 5:32:54 AM

He could remove the malware that goes by the name "Windows" and install GNU/Linux perhaps.
m
l
!