P4 system Hangs very often

Hello,
my system hangs very often and shows no signal on monitor turns off but fan keep running.....we been told problemn with the monitor so purchased a new one but the problem still persist...plz tell me where exactly the problem is with smps /motherboard/ processor/ram?
i'm using p4 1.6ghz,256mb Ram,XP sp2,
6 answers Last reply
More about system hangs often
  1. I have one piece of advice, just get rid of it and buy a new one any money you spend on it isnt worth spending im sorry
  2. ^ Agreed.

Tha computer is at least 10 years old. It really could be anything and you will never find replacement parts that old. If anything though I would suspect the power supply especially if it's the original one.
  3. Yeah I have to agree to, I have a 3.4ghz p4, ain't gonna spend money on that, gunna replace it's guts with a pentium g, new board and ram, all up costs not much more then 2 more 1 gb sticks for the pig, I can't even play 1080 videos on the bloody thing
  4. Well getting replacment parts is actually pretty easy to get but you have to know the right people but the parts will not be brand new, 3.4ghz pentium 4 on a 775 chipset with 4gb ram and a good graphics card would still be an ok system and would be worth fixing up but at what you have just toss it, and teeroy a pentium d is pretty good just make sure you dont get a 3ghz one get a 3.2 or 3.4 i had several of the 3ghz ones and they were always a pain in the ass to get to run things lol
  5. Snowsniper2 said:
    Well getting replacment parts is actually pretty easy to get but you have to know the right people but the parts will not be brand new, 3.4ghz pentium 4 on a 775 chipset with 4gb ram and a good graphics card would still be an ok system and would be worth fixing up but at what you have just toss it, and teeroy a pentium d is pretty good just make sure you dont get a 3ghz one get a 3.2 or 3.4 i had several of the 3ghz ones and they were always a pain in the ass to get to run things lol

My board won't accept dual core or I would have done that
  6. He could remove the malware that goes by the name "Windows" and install GNU/Linux perhaps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt RAM Monitors Systems