Questions about my New Shapire 7950

Hi I just got my new Shapire 7950 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006
I also Got a new PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

But I noticed I still got some lag issues in some game, like Diablo 3 , hitman or Sleeping dogs.
I haven't tried any shooter in my pc.
But I already bought far cry 3, And I don't wanna have any issues, can u guys help me to find out what I'm doing wrong...

Specs:
GPU :Shapire 7950 3GB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz
Ram: 6GB (5.3)
PSU: Corsair CX600 (600 watts)

Thanks so much for your time!
13 answers Last reply
More about questions shapire 7950
  1. List the rest of the hardware.
  2. What drivers are you using? Did you use driver sweeper and remove the old drivers before installing the new one?
  3. CPU is why
  4. Oh yeah forgot to mention mine motherboard:Gateway G33M05G1
    But I'm pretty sure Its my CPU Like Bigcyco1 said.
    Any recommendations or its there any chance its there anything else?
    Thanks so much!
  5. CPU could certainly be a factor ... Core 2 Quad is fairly old and yours is running on a pretty low frequency. Overclocking is not going to work due to your motherboard and if I'm not mistaken, it's running a PCIE 1.0x16 slot. Plus you're running DDR2 RAM.

Basically, you need a new mobo and CPU and possibly RAM. 7950 would be good paired with an i5, but what you can get is largely dependent on how much money you have/are willing to spend. At the moment your graphics card is the most powerful piece in your setup and is getting bottlenecked by the rest.
  6. Yeah I knew that ... I was just afraid of this happening.
    Because I don't have that much experience replacing a motherboard...
    What could a decent mobo and a decent Cpu run about, money wise?
  7. Yeah I knew that the days for my cpu were coming lol ...
    Because I don't have that much experience replacing a motherboard...
    What could a decent mobo and a decent Cpu run about, money wise?
  8. You are not going to like the answer anywhere from $275 and up
  9. Umm that's a pain :S
    Its there anyway I can just buy the CPU without buying a new MOBO?
  10. And can u guys plz name some brands and recommendations?
    Thanks!
    My budget really its like 150 right now :S
  11. seekario said:
    Umm that's a pain :S
    Its there anyway I can just buy the CPU without buying a new MOBO?

Unfortunately no. Your motherboard is not compatible with any newer/better CPUs. Plus the shortcomings I listed before. With your budget, I'd suggest buying one piece at a time until you have enough to rebuild your PC, but unfortunately you will have to get all new pieces as there really isn't a way to recycle any of the old. You bought a really powerful graphics card for a really underpowered rig, so it's going to take some catching up.
  12. You need to save more money 150 will not cut it sorry if you live by micro center http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/microcenter/intel-cpu-bx80637i53470
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Product