Nokia 6230 and Yahoo Messenger

Hi all,
I recently bought 2 Nokia 6230's for my wife and I and have been unable to
log on to Yahoo Messenger over GPRS. On all previous phones I have had, you
just go to mm.yahoo.com and you can log in. It works out much cheaper than
using the sms version. When I try to do it on the 6230's it comes back with
"Page not Found".

It has to be something with the phone and I can take the sim out and put it
in other phones, 8310, 6610, Z600 etc and can log in no probs. I have even
tried other SIMs for Optus and Voda netwoks and get the same message.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 yahoo messenger

    "John Studley" <me@home.com> wrote in message
    > I recently bought 2 Nokia 6230's for my wife and I and have been unable to
    > log on to Yahoo Messenger over GPRS. On all previous phones I have had,
    > you
    > just go to mm.yahoo.com and you can log in. It works out much cheaper than
    > using the sms version. When I try to do it on the 6230's it comes back
    > with
    > "Page not Found".
    >
    > It has to be something with the phone and I can take the sim out and put
    > it
    > in other phones, 8310, 6610, Z600 etc and can log in no probs. I have even
    > tried other SIMs for Optus and Voda netwoks and get the same message.

    Well this isn't really assistance as such, but I have two Nokia 6230's, and
    can confirm that http://mm.yahoo.com works fine on both of them. I take it
    other sites work OK on these phones?

    Gary.

    Thanks for the reply Gary. At least I know that it is possible on this
    phone. Can I ask what firmware your phones are using?

    And in answer to your question, yes I dont have a problem accessing any
    other sites from either phone.

    Kind regards
    John

    > Thanks for the reply Gary. At least I know that it is possible on this
    > phone. Can I ask what firmware your phones are using?

    Hi John. Mine are using V4.44 21-09-04. I intend to get them upgraded soon
    though, as they've crashed a few times, and I have problems with outgoing
    speech quality on my Bluetooth headset, and my 256MB Viking MMC cards dont
    work!

    Gary.

Nokia Phones Yahoo Messenger