Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 6230 and Yahoo Messenger

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 10:40:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi all,
I recently bought 2 Nokia 6230's for my wife and I and have been unable to
log on to Yahoo Messenger over GPRS. On all previous phones I have had, you
just go to mm.yahoo.com and you can log in. It works out much cheaper than
using the sms version. When I try to do it on the 6230's it comes back with
"Page not Found".

It has to be something with the phone and I can take the sim out and put it
in other phones, 8310, 6610, Z600 etc and can log in no probs. I have even
tried other SIMs for Optus and Voda netwoks and get the same message.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 12:50:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"John Studley" <me@home.com> wrote in message
news:42369f73$0$22223$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> I recently bought 2 Nokia 6230's for my wife and I and have been unable to
> log on to Yahoo Messenger over GPRS. On all previous phones I have had,
> you
> just go to mm.yahoo.com and you can log in. It works out much cheaper than
> using the sms version. When I try to do it on the 6230's it comes back
> with
> "Page not Found".
>
> It has to be something with the phone and I can take the sim out and put
> it
> in other phones, 8310, 6610, Z600 etc and can log in no probs. I have even
> tried other SIMs for Optus and Voda netwoks and get the same message.

Well this isn't really assistance as such, but I have two Nokia 6230's, and
can confirm that http://mm.yahoo.com works fine on both of them. I take it
other sites work OK on these phones?



Gary.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:53:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Thanks for the reply Gary. At least I know that it is possible on this
phone. Can I ask what firmware your phones are using?

And in answer to your question, yes I dont have a problem accessing any
other sites from either phone.

Kind regards
John

"Gary McClean" <GaryNOMcCleanSPAM@PLEASE.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:423758b4$0$576$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> "John Studley" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> news:42369f73$0$22223$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> > I recently bought 2 Nokia 6230's for my wife and I and have been unable
to
> > log on to Yahoo Messenger over GPRS. On all previous phones I have had,
> > you
> > just go to mm.yahoo.com and you can log in. It works out much cheaper
than
> > using the sms version. When I try to do it on the 6230's it comes back
> > with
> > "Page not Found".
> >
> > It has to be something with the phone and I can take the sim out and put
> > it
> > in other phones, 8310, 6610, Z600 etc and can log in no probs. I have
even
> > tried other SIMs for Optus and Voda netwoks and get the same message.
>
> Well this isn't really assistance as such, but I have two Nokia 6230's,
and
> can confirm that http://mm.yahoo.com works fine on both of them. I take it
> other sites work OK on these phones?
>
>
>
> Gary.
>
>
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 1:35:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"John Studley" <me@home.com> wrote in message
news:423e8b5e$0$5595$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Thanks for the reply Gary. At least I know that it is possible on this
> phone. Can I ask what firmware your phones are using?

Hi John. Mine are using V4.44 21-09-04. I intend to get them upgraded soon
though, as they've crashed a few times, and I have problems with outgoing
speech quality on my Bluetooth headset, and my 256MB Viking MMC cards dont
work!



Gary.
!