Sign in with
Your question

Voiding warrenty

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 30, 2012 10:47:24 AM

I have XFX HD 6870 ati readon card installed in my pc. Once I tried to connect my monitor using HDMI cable and in that incident I broke my HDMI port which is in my graphics card. Monitor HDMI is ok. Since then I am using DVI to D-SUB(VGA) converter.

I guess I don't void the warranty perfectly. Or do I? If it is related to performance problem, would I get any support from XFX?(as I don't bother them asking support for my HDMI port).

Is it true that if I use DVI instead of HDMI cable I get less performance?(like fps drop or else)

More about : voiding warrenty

November 30, 2012 10:52:44 AM

If the port is obviously borked and broken your warranty is void
November 30, 2012 12:22:46 PM

spentshells said:
If the port is obviously borked and broken your warranty is void

broken in the sense pins are folded inward and the black plate on which the pins are placed both side, that one sliced into two half, one at my hand one still sticking to the card.
I tried to make straight those pins and succeeded and when I slowly insert the HDMI cable display on the monitor was fine.
Related resources
November 30, 2012 12:28:31 PM

Physical damage would not be covered and will void your warranty.

DVI and HDMI are the same video signal. HDMI has the advantage of also passing audio. There is no performance or visual difference at all.
December 4, 2012 5:49:33 AM

ish416 said:
Physical damage would not be covered and will void your warranty.

DVI and HDMI are the same video signal. HDMI has the advantage of also passing audio. There is no performance or visual difference at all.

Its working fine. So I don't think it is damaged.
!