Sign in with
Your question

Ultimate Gaming PC water cooling problem

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2013 8:52:01 AM

Hey guys, this my first time using this forum but I need some advice. I have been saving my money now for a long time so that I can build my ultimate gaming PC. I'll list the components below.

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.5GHz Extreme Edition Processor 15MB L3 Cache
Asus Rampage IV Formula Battlefield 3 Edition Motherboard (Socket 2011)
Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengenace 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
2x Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 Graphics Card
2x Samsung SSD 830 2.5inch SATA III 6GBps 256GB (RAID O)
Seagate 3TB 3.5inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
LG BH10LS38.AUAR 10X Internal BD-RW Retail Kit
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W Power Supply Unit
Thermaltake VN10008W2N Level 10 Battle Edition Gaming Computer Case

I want you guys advice. Would you recommend any different components? Should I wait for Intel's new CPUs and Nvidia's new GPUs? I have only 2 graphics cards on there however I believe that the motherboard can hold up to 4, so would you recommend more than 2? Or is that just overkill? Finally the most important question, I want to overclock the CPU to 4.8GHz. To do this I will obviously need to water cool the system, I also want to water cool the GPUs. Could you guys give me a list of every single component I will need to build an awesome custom water cooling PC. I have a budget of £500 ($800) for cooling however there is no need to spend it all. Thanks in advance!

-Simon

More about : ultimate gaming water cooling problem

January 14, 2013 10:16:35 AM

the gtx 690 is already a dual gpu card. you can't run 4.

Watercooling is going to be expensive. The 690 gpu blocks themselves are $150 each, add $100 for a d5 pump, $200+ for the radiators necessary to cool that much, ~$75 for a cpu block, resivoir, fittings, hoses, 8-16 120mm fans, ect. $800 would likely get you there, could be a little more by the time your done.

Also cooling that much, you need to realize the radiators will be mounted on the outside of the case, even on that TT level 10.

January 14, 2013 10:29:22 AM

noob2222 said:
the gtx 690 is already a dual gpu card. you can't run 4.

Watercooling is going to be expensive. The 690 gpu blocks themselves are $150 each, add $100 for a d5 pump, $200+ for the radiators necessary to cool that much, ~$75 for a cpu block, resivoir, fittings, hoses, 8-16 120mm fans, ect. $800 would likely get you there, could be a little more by the time your done.

Also cooling that much, you need to realize the radiators will be mounted on the outside of the case, even on that TT level 10.

So could you give me an exact list of the components you would recommend? If you do not mind, thanks.
Related resources
January 14, 2013 10:42:38 AM

^ Aint that simple, were not just going to give you a shopping list of what to get in this matter.

Research about water cooling, do the math and figure out yourself what you have to do.
I'm not saying this because I cant be bothered figuring it out, rather that its better that you know what your doing.

I advise you start here.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-...
And then watch a few water-cooling guide videos that will get you a general idea of what to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNFhTAvvBA
From there you will have an idea of what you are doing and will be somewhat educated on how to make your own decisions. If you still need help deciding on parts, start a thread on the water-cooling forum.
January 14, 2013 10:56:05 AM

manofchalk said:
^ Aint that simple, were not just going to give you a shopping list of what to get in this matter.

Research about water cooling, do the math and figure out yourself what you have to do.
I'm not saying this because I cant be bothered figuring it out, rather that its better that you know what your doing.

I advise you start here.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-...
And then watch a few water-cooling guide videos that will get you a general idea of what to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNFhTAvvBA
From there you will have an idea of what you are doing and will be somewhat educated on how to make your own decisions. If you still need help deciding on parts, start a thread on the water-cooling forum.

Okay, thanks. :) 
January 14, 2013 1:07:31 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!