Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Several 7970 questions (Urgent!)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 30, 2012 1:30:10 PM

I just bought my title, and it runs very nicely I believe.
BUT
It runs Hitman 5 on max on only like 40, 46 FPS peaking around 70.
BF3 all Ultra but no motion blur coz I hate it, on Canals it gives me 68-100.
Armored Shield is around 40-60.
Is that ok?
Also, I did not get any card inside the box of my Sapphire 7970, for the Never Settle deal thingy.
Where do I get it? Do I need to contact the store? Do I need to contact AMD? Where do I find it?
It makes a very weird squicking sound that drives me crazy, like electric and metal brushing..
Running @ 1125, 1575 Board power +20 and VDDC 1206, fan on 60% because anything faster than that is just crazy loud.
Please answer fast, I want my Farcry!

More about : 7970 questions urgent

Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 2:09:22 PM

armored shield is a lot bigger and more vehicles and probably more people. That is normal. I got 2 games with my 7870 when only one was advertised. Maybe they sent me yours by mistake haha. Anyway I doubt you will get it if it isn't in the box. Contact the seller or the manufacturerer for the game code. The sound you are describing sounds like something in the fan to me. Make sure it is clear and no tag or anything is touching the blades.
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 2:14:57 PM

I bought a pair of 7970s a couple months back and didn't get any free games. Didn't want any of the ones they were offering anyway.

At any rate, those framerates sound about right. Try overclocking if you haven't already, and flash the new official firmware that increases the default clock speed from 950 to 1050.
November 30, 2012 2:18:22 PM

willard said:
I bought a pair of 7970s a couple months back and didn't get any free games. Didn't want any of the ones they were offering anyway.

At any rate, those framerates sound about right. Try overclocking if you haven't already, and flash the new official firmware that increases the default clock speed from 950 to 1050.

Read the OP it is overclocked.

-----
I think this is the sound from the PSU as he said there might be sounds like electiricity.
I linked a youtube video of me standing close the the GPU so you can hear it.
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 2:41:26 PM

taltool24198 said:
I have this weirdddd noise coming out of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbT [...] e=youtu.be
And it is only on when I am gaming. Help?

That, my friend, is coil whine.

There's nothing you can do about it really, except RMAing the card and chances are the replacement won't have coil whine.

Regarding your actual problem, the frames seem acceptable. What resolution are you playing at?
Ensure that you have the very latest drivers (12.11 Beta 8 at time of writing). Also, ensure that 3D application settings are completely globally default.
November 30, 2012 2:56:11 PM

where do i find the 3d stuff and i have the latest drivers. 1080p.
hitman reaches a min of 31!! how the heck does that happen? its by no way more graphics intense than bf3!
also ive heatd some people has the same problem and it went away after a few days. if it wont i will rma it.
November 30, 2012 3:33:25 PM

will it go away?
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 3:36:05 PM

Not likely it's a common issue.It does not hinder performance though.
November 30, 2012 4:01:09 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Not likely it's a common issue.It does not hinder performance though.

will they accept the return? if not will it become more quiet?
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 4:05:33 PM

taltool24198 said:
will they accept the return? if not will it become more quiet?


Most likely they will test the card say its fine and send it right back to you. If they do find an issue with it they should send you a different card.
November 30, 2012 4:25:17 PM

Derza10 said:
Most likely they will test the card say its fine and send it right back to you. If they do find an issue with it they should send you a different card.

Ok. Great.
Now how do I get my Far Cry 3 for free?
November 30, 2012 4:46:08 PM

Because I just cant seem to find anything that looks like a "Unique ID" to use.. Is it a barcode or does it come inside the package?
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 4:55:44 PM

It should be a piece of paper with the lottery ticket scratch off stuff over the code.
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 4:58:31 PM

once you register the code. The rest will come in an email about a day after you register.
November 30, 2012 5:00:47 PM

bigcyco1 said:
once you register the code. The rest will come in an email about a day after you register.

I cant FIND the code..
I cant find where it is, cant locate it. I dont have any card inside the package, just s quick install guide and an invitation to SSC or something.
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 5:16:46 PM

I would contact the store you bought it from and ask
November 30, 2012 5:54:09 PM

my preferred vendor e-mails the game codes in couple days. If you still haven't gotten your game code by the end of next week, ask your vendor
November 30, 2012 6:32:18 PM

Alright. And in the meantime it still squicks, and I will ask for them to treat it. Gonna open the case now to see if there is anything disturbing the peace of my brand new 7970. Thank you all for your help!
November 30, 2012 6:55:45 PM

taltool24198 said:
I just bought my title, and it runs very nicely I believe.
BUT
It runs Hitman 5 on max on only like 40, 46 FPS peaking around 70.
BF3 all Ultra but no motion blur coz I hate it, on Canals it gives me 68-100.
Armored Shield is around 40-60.
Is that ok?
Also, I did not get any card inside the box of my Sapphire 7970, for the Never Settle deal thingy.
Where do I get it? Do I need to contact the store? Do I need to contact AMD? Where do I find it?
It makes a very weird squicking sound that drives me crazy, like electric and metal brushing..
Running @ 1125, 1575 Board power +20 and VDDC 1206, fan on 60% because anything faster than that is just crazy loud.
Please answer fast, I want my Farcry!



I purchased the Sapphire 7970 Ghz Edition Vapor X 3gb card and I thought I did not get the 3 free games but my card with the codes was in the bottom of the box the Video card came in. Unfortunately your card has the known issue called "coil whine". Some cards get them and some don't. All makes and models but AMD for some reason has been known to have happen to more. As far as your FPS if you have everything on Max settings then your fps seems good except I have my board overclocked to 1193/1605. I am getting around 60-65 fps with everything maxed. I would RMA your card and get a other one because you should not have to put up with that coil whining. Good luck.
November 30, 2012 7:24:59 PM

Hookster67 said:
I purchased the Sapphire 7970 Ghz Edition Vapor X 3gb card and I thought I did not get the 3 free games but my card with the codes was in the bottom of the box the Video card came in. Unfortunately your card has the known issue called "coil whine". Some cards get them and some don't. All makes and models but AMD for some reason has been known to have happen to more. As far as your FPS if you have everything on Max settings then your fps seems good except I have my board overclocked to 1193/1605. I am getting around 60-65 fps with everything maxed. I would RMA your card and get a other one because you should not have to put up with that coil whining. Good luck.

Thank you. I will OC even more.
I think the coil whine is coming from the PSU as if I put my ear next to one of them, its obvious that the PSU does the whining..
Also, I have looked ALL over my box and I cant find any card which gives any clue to a free game..
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 7:27:46 PM

taltool24198 said:
Thank you. I will OC even more.
I think the coil whine is coming from the PSU as if I put my ear next to one of them, its obvious that the PSU does the whining..
Also, I have looked ALL over my box and I cant find any card which gives any clue to a free game..


Wait before you overclock more, what is your PSU? You might be stressing it already.
November 30, 2012 7:44:57 PM

Derza10 said:
Wait before you overclock more, what is your PSU? You might be stressing it already.

SS 750W
November 30, 2012 8:25:35 PM

So how is it coming along? the performance change? You find the free games ard yet? Its about the size of a 4 X 7 cardboard card from AMD. It has scratch areas for the Games serial numbers. I hope you fond the card. If not call up who you bought it from and get the card you deserve.
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 8:27:01 PM

taltool24198 said:
Yes but you could also help me with a reply..?
Yes i could but not when you bump post i cannot nice edit to cover your butt BTW. ;)  :lol: 
a c 537 U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 10:31:16 PM

No bumping!!!!!!!!!!!
December 1, 2012 2:49:14 AM

Hookster67 said:
So how is it coming along? the performance change? You find the free games ard yet? Its about the size of a 4 X 7 cardboard card from AMD. It has scratch areas for the Games serial numbers. I hope you fond the card. If not call up who you bought it from and get the card you deserve.

No I haven't found it yet. I will call them tomorrow, and when I listen closely the sound is coming from the PSU not the card, so I will ask them to have the new one replaced.
Thanks!
!