Blackops 2 Low Fps With GTX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex K

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
So im used to getting a solid 250 fps playing cod4. Recently bought Blackops 2 and my fps has dropped considerably and I mean I am getting between 40-70 fps. Frame rate is unlocked from my monitor. This is on pretty much the lowest settings (anti aliasing off, shadows off, spec map off, etc...)

My main question is that I'm wondering if my AMD Athlon X3 455 cpu is bottle necking my gpu.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon X3 455 @ 3.3ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 560 1024 ddr
MOBO: MSI 760GM-P23
RAM: 8 gig

Looking at my processor and mobo they are pretty weak, would switching to a i5 2500k with a better mobo solve this problem?
thanks dudes

Alex K

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Also i have done many things to try and increase fps, over clocking, updates and newest drivers are installed, bios has been completely updated. Nothing has had an effect.

csf60

Honorable
May 11, 2012
You don't mention your monitor specs, but do you actually know most monitors can't display more than 60 or 75 fps? Why do you even bother to have more than 70 if your monitor is not going to display them anyway?

Alex K

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
My moniter is 1440x 900, the refresh rate is 60 however in game there is the ability to unlock fps to get a smoother game play, like with call of duty 4 getting 250fps makes the game a lot smoother.

Cadaveri

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

I just saw this comment and it alone made me make an account here to reply, thats propably the biggest bullshit one can say about FPS.

Saying that a human eye cant see the diffirence from 60 fps to 240 is like reading something from wikipedia(or that you have never even tried playing without vsync off lmao).

If you cant see a diffirence in gameplay from 60 to even 100 fps, I'd be checking my eyesight.

Cadaveri

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

I used to play with a 60 hz monitor aswell, and yes theres a huge diffirence even if you play with a 60 hz monitor and turn vsync off to get lets say +100 fps, you will notice this especially in first person shooters.

I now have upgraded to a 3D 120hz monitor myself, but even now I will notice a diffirence from lets say 120 to 300 fps.

You should realize that hz and fps aint completely the same thing at all.

No, no, no. You should realise that the Hz of a screen desides how many frames per second it can show.

It doesn't matter if you get 309469 fps if your screen only can show 60 fps. You can't tell the difference.

Let us pretend if there wasn't any difference, then why does different monitors provide different Hz value? Face the reality.

Cadaveri

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

Well you clearly dont play games then If you dont see the diffirence, its huge fyi.

120hz is alot smoother for the eyes, while 60 hz monitors wont support higher fps than 60 (like you say..) you will most definately see a huge diffirence ingame when you disable vsync. Although you'll most likely not notice a diffirence in windows or when your watching a video.

Nowadays monitors have 120 hz to provide 3D playback.

Cadaveri

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

It's you whose misleading people if your saying that human eye cant see the diffirence past 60 fps(or even 120)

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Actually, even if he was getting 60fps in a game, he could still see "stuttering" it is inherit to amd cpu's.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/134999-measuring-the-impact-of-cpu-choice-on-gaming-performance

I used to have a 1055t at 3.8ghz, I would be locked at 60fps, but I would still see lag and stuttering.

After I upgraded to a 3570k it went away...

After reading that website, I finally know why. Cpu's really do matter in gaming.

No one is saying it's impossible to the difference between 60 and 100 fps. It depends on the viewer but i'm thinking most people can.

What we're saying is that a 60hz monitor cannot under any circumstances render more than 60 complete fps. That's just how it works. As long as the min fps doesn't drop below 60, it doesnt matter how many are on the upper end.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_7.html

See fps vs refresh.

The case is that this guy believes that you can see the difference on 5689956 fps and 60 fps on a 60 Hz screen. I do know, that a CPU can trigger some lag or stuttering, but my only point is that it does not matter on a 60 Hz if you have 3983478 fps, you'll still only see 60 fps.

BobCharlie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Yeah, the only way say 100FPS would be truly noticeable is if the refresh rate (Hz) was say 120Hz. I have a 120Hz screen and when watching Blu Ray discs and say a vehicle is driving down a road and a stationary camera is filming it as it goes by, it looks like it would in person and very smooth.

You getting 250FPS in an old COD game doesn't mean your monitor is showing you 250. It means if your screen was CAPABLE of displaying 250FPS, then that's what you'd get. In reality, what you're experiencing is 60FPS if your screen is locked at 60Hz, but the game is so non-demanding on your GPU at that point in-game response is more accurate.

hypex

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Actually, in my experience on a 60 hz monitor, i saw a difference between 60 and 150 fps. you might not have more fps in the monitor itself, but the game will be smoother.
Lets make a quick example: you can have 60 fps on the monitor, but if the framerate of the game is 40, then you wont see the game smooth, althought the monitor is still running at 60 hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.