Solved

Will this setup work for new gaming rig? Which mobo?

I need to know which motherboard to choose. I dont think the ASRock P67 is compatible with the NZXT Phantom tower.
I need a mobo that can support up to 3 GTX670s for the future, aswell as 3.0 usb. I need the best for gaming mobo and for it to future proof.
Also i would like to keep it under 200$ i may go a little more if the cons are really good.
I also need to know if the ssd will fit windows 7, and im not sure whether to go professional or ultimate. i also need to know a good CD/DVD drive.

Also if there is anything here that can be upgraded for something better with the same relative price i would like to know.

NZXT Phantom full tower

Corsair TX850

ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 *

Intel Core i5-2500K

Thermalright Silver Arrow

Corsair vengeance 8gb

EVGA GeForce gtx 670 FTW

Patriot Wildfire 120GB

Samsung SpintPoint F3
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will setup work gaming mobo
  1. That motherboard will work with that case - but why would you spend that kind of money for hardware from two years ago? What is your budget?
  2. Best answer
    Are you sure you want to go with a Sandy Bridge? If you are trying to future proof, I would go with an Ivy Bridge i5-3570k. Plus, you might want to upgrade your chipset to Z77. I wound go with an Extreme6 Z77 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295), but it doesn't have 3 PCI x16 slots. The 3 670's seems rather extreme. You should be getting great performance with just one let alone three. What are you running?
  3. You would need an X79 chipset if you wanted proper PCI-E x16 slots without spending over $200.

With that comes a different socket as well - LGA2011, where you'll need another CPU, most likely an i7-3820 if you want the cheapest.
  4. g-unit1111 said:
    That motherboard will work with that case - but why would you spend that kind of money for hardware from two years ago? What is your budget?

i actually got this build from a list here. i'm new to this and was only on 1500$ budget but as of yesterday i can go closer to 2k. if you could build the best pc for that budget that is not outdated what would you change?
  5. bookwormzsh said:
    Are you sure you want to go with a Sandy Bridge? If you are trying to future proof, I would go with an Ivy Bridge i5-3570k. Plus, you might want to upgrade your chipset to Z77. I wound go with an Extreme6 Z77 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295), but it doesn't have 3 PCI x16 slots. The 3 670's seems rather extreme. You should be getting great performance with just one let alone three. What are you running?

my future plans are to have 3 46-50" Monitors in surround and maybe a 40" and top of that to display whatever i may need or want. im trying to run demanding games on ultra as well as getting ready for crysis 3 on ultra which shouldn't be hard. i'm hoping to run at least 60 and no more than 72 fraps.
  6. Then you'll want more memory bandwidth, VRAM, and a higher bus rate.
    AMD cards are the thing to get for Eyefinity setups.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Product Systems Motherboards