Lights and fans work, no noises or booting

paluchi

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Computer not booting when turned on, no "beeps" from speakers, all lights and fans working.

Computer working fine a few days ago, installed a new SSD but had some trouble installing windows to boot from it and recognize my old HDD, decided to stick with just the HDD while I backed up important files to laptop for a fresh install.
PC is working fine at this point without SSD installed, so I upgrade my PSU fan from the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO to a corsair H80 liquid cooler as well as installed 2 Akasa cold cathode lights to the case.
After installing I checked the computer turned on with just the PSU, H80 and RAM installed, which it did, but after putting in the rest of my components and hooking up to my monitor by HDMI I get no booting, noises (apart from fans) or display output.
I also noticed my DVD drive wouldn't open despite being powered with just a blinking green light on it.
I disconnected the DVD drive and can now hear what sounds like the HDD trying to boot but still no display output.
I checked the Troubleshooting help guide and couldn't locate the source of the problem, the RAM is fine as is the CPU, the graphics card is installed correctly, no loose wires and apart from the DVD drive nothing else it looking out of the ordinary.
I'm stumped.

My Specs:
AMD FX-8150
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
INTEGRAL PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 DIMM RAM 2x4GB
3GB stock RAM from old Acer Aspire desktop
Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler
Saphire Radeon HD 6870 GPU
Corsair CX750 PSU
500 GB Stock HDD I got from my old Acer Aspire desktop no idea brand/model unfortunately
Windows 7 Ultimate edition
Galaxy 3 Mid Tower case including fan
2x akasa cold cathode lights

Sorry if this is in the wrong place/formatted wrong, I tried to follow these guidelines:
Here
I usually come on this site for help by looking through similar posts but that didn't work in this case, I'm busy revising at the moment for university examinations so havn't had much time to try and figure out whats wrong but I will be needing my computer working soon for projects/courseworks thats why I was hoping to find some help here.

Thanks for reading, Adam.

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
How did you handle the static electricity problem? Did you ground yourself while handling the CPU? Sounds like you may have fried it when you took it out to install the water-cooling.

paluchi

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

I used an anti-static wrist band and mat, also I'm really careful when it comes to my computer (I know that sounds a bit juvenile but as a student that uses a computer for the majority of his work and paying for everything himself, I know not to do something silly and ruin a £100+ cpu for example)

I will try to clear my cmos and get back with the results, also I doubt the power supply is the problem but it can't hurt to double check.

Thank you both for the suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS