Sign in with
Your question

Failed flash bios, now comp wont boot

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2013 4:40:56 PM

Hello,
I recently built a new computer and it was running fine. I had just a SSD installed and I added a 1tb drive. The drive was detected by bios but not windows. I started trouble shooting solutions with no success. I tried updating bios but the flash failed. When I tried booting up the computer it would not start. Fans get power for a few seconds and the motherboard beeps but then it all shuts down quickly. The monitor and keyboard receives no input. The computer continually tries to start up but never does. I have tried removing the ram and that gets the computer to stay on but I get no output to the monitor keyboard or mouse. Using one stick of ram causes the computer to turn on and off like before. When ram is in the motherboard the dram led blinks. If ram is out the dram led stays lit. I have tried clearing cmos by moving the jumper for 10 seconds. No luck :( 

OS - windows 7 64bit pro
Motherboard - asus p8z77v lk
SSD - svp200s37a/120g
Cpu - Intel i5 3570k
Ram - kvr1333d3n9k2/8g
Gpu - gigabyte Gtx 660ti
January 14, 2013 4:50:48 PM

did you try removing the cmos battery? the 3V lithium ion
January 14, 2013 5:05:48 PM

Quote:
did you try removing the cmos battery? the 3V lithium ion

No i have not tried removing it. I will see if I can find it in the manual and give it a shot.
Related resources
January 14, 2013 5:15:37 PM

Did you not try add a volume to the HDD and a Drive letter before you flashed your Bios?
a b B Homebuilt system
January 14, 2013 5:15:38 PM

I think it is called USB Bios Flashback and is not available on that MOBO.
January 14, 2013 5:36:57 PM

When I turn on my computer I am getting no input to my monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I have the motherboard cd in the dvd drive to try to boot bios.
January 14, 2013 6:38:01 PM

chugot9218 said:
I think it is called USB Bios Flashback and is not available on that MOBO.

No, his MB supports ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 which is the same thing.
January 14, 2013 7:35:29 PM

I have tried also tried turning on the computer with a usb flash of the BIOS. No luck, taking it into the Hardware store I ought it from. Thanks for your time everyonez!
!